1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

newly rooted

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Hacks' started by immrmom, May 3, 2011.

1. immrmom

immrmom New Member

Totally a noob to rooting and I surprising was able to root my phone. I have a few questions as to the best ways to taking advantage of a rooted thunderbolt. I know these questions have been asked but I want to make sure I get the answers.
    1) I downloaded Titanium Backup and noticed that you can uninstall bloatware from there, is this the a good idea or use something else to remove bloatware?
    2) Setup suggestions on getting the most out of my thunderbolt while still getting decent battery life. (roms, kernels, overclocking, etc)
    3) Any other suggestions welcomed. Thanks.
  2. NipplesAnLicks

NipplesAnLicks New Member

Always read be for you try anything and read peoples problems and outcomes.... after your rooted do not take your phone into verizon.... I just report my phone stolen and say I found my phone a week later so you can still use it as backup

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  3. cc16177

cc16177 New Member

If you report your phone as stolen that ESN can never be activated again as far as I know, and I worked for Verizon for almost a year. I could be wrong though.
  4. dark juggalo

dark juggalo New Member

1) i saw a thread a couple weeks ago about deleting ...had a list of the one safe to delete..I'll edit and add a link as soon as I clear the cobwebs and remember were I found it..in the meanwhile dont randomly delete for now just freeze them..works just as well.
    2) everyone has there own opinion on roms ,kernals,ect..my 2 cents..the perfect storm v1.4 is the rom I'm using and since flashing I've seen inprovement in my batt life.
    3)download root explorer and root manager from the market...some of the best tools for a rooted phone.
  5. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

I freeze bloat with titanium. I don't know what it does but the apps are not running
  6. wooddale

wooddale New Member

Yeah me too its worth the couple bucks to buy premium seems easier to message