RMZAB

Reaction score
I've owned a Motorola Droid since March of 2010. I love it. I've worked in the technical IT field for more then 10 years so the droid wasn't a problem for me to get used too. I just broke my first Droid yesterday. I joined this forum because I am looking at ways to wipe the Droid prior to sending the broken one back to the insurer and also for general interest. I look forward to talking with all....

--RMZAB
Twitter Handle: @RMZAB
Droid Enthusiast

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry that you broke your Droid. I'm not sure how damaged your phone is so this may not apply but a factory reset should accomplish what you need.

Mike

t.crawford714

Reaction score
Welcome to the Droid Forums where all your dreams and wishes may come true! There are tons of nice people here willing to help you!

If you messed with the system you will need to .sbf. I would show you a guide but the only guide I know is for Droid X. Sorry.

SwampDog35

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums... I'm new here but from what I've read and people that have messaged me this is a great place.

Washington

Reaction score
hello . . . !!!
i am also new here ,24,male. nice to meet you !!!
looking forward to get so much useful info and some good friends from here , nice forum , keep up the good work .Have a nice day . . !!!my lead system pro

Last edited:
OP
R

RMZAB

Reaction score
Hello again all. The face of the Droid is just cracked all up. I dropped it in a parking lot the other day. I can still use it some but its hard to see anything. @mwhartman thanks for reminding me about the factory reset. That should do the trick. I got the replacement in the mail today and I'm going to get to work on wiping the old and activating the new.

dabeaver4789

Reaction score
Don't forget u could always make a nandroid backup and throw ur sd card in the new phone and do a restore and everything is just the way it was

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
R

RMZAB

Reaction score
This is crazy. I brought the SD card over from the old phone, and after the activation a couple of crazy things happened. 1. Turned on WIFI and it connected. I didn't have to re-enter the WEP Key. I assume its stored on the SD Card.

2. Its already downloading my old Apps. Angry Birds is there, Pandora is on its way and so on and so on.

Is this the built in backup working or just google accounts....Within minutes 22 applications restored....Could I love this Droid anymore?