newbie needs some help

richardsonfh

Reaction score
I am new to the site and really new to droid. Verizon had problems getting my emails set up, and while they were busy working I was browsing around the store - pushing buttons on phones. On the droid, I found (they had told me about it) where I could ask for current local gas prices. Yes, several came up in my area. I know it worked for I was familiar with the price at one station for I had just bought gas. I thought how neat... Now I am at home with email working, but can't recall how I found it on their store phone. Has anyone found this? I want to recall it was assocaited with carhome or navigator. It would have to have the location to do locaL prices. Thx for help. I am enjoying reading threads -

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am new to the site and really new to droid. Verizon had problems getting my emails set up, and while they were busy working I was browsing around the store - pushing buttons on phones. On the droid, I found (they had told me about it) where I could ask for current local gas prices. Yes, several came up in my area. I know it worked for I was familiar with the price at one station for I had just bought gas. I thought how neat... Now I am at home with email working, but can't recall how I found it on their store phone. Has anyone found this? I want to recall it was assocaited with carhome or navigator. It would have to have the location to do locaL prices. Thx for help. I am enjoying reading threads -

Pick that puppy up. Press the search button. Press the microphone. Say Navigate to gas stations.

That's not the way they did it but that will work too.

OP
R

richardsonfh

Reaction score
Thx for the quick reply. You two are as fast as my droid. I have tried "where" a couple of times but have not figured out how to find the prices. (said I was new-perhaps I should add not tech savvy anymore). It was just one of the display phones. I may have to drive back and play some more on it.. I was told there were apps for gas, groceries, etc. (finding the best price in the area). I am about to go on holiday and knowing gas prices would be great.

OP
R

richardsonfh

Reaction score
HookBill, I tried what you said. The map came up New York. Sorry I live in Texas. What's with that? That was with carhome. Just tried with Maps. Unfortunately, I live around gas wells, they all appeared on the map. Of course, there was nothing about price.