Newbie needs some basic info

jpainter01

Reaction score
:) I recently saw on another forum that the HTC Incredible 2 will work on Page Plus Cellular, a very affordable "pre pay" plan that uses the Verizon network and allows you to bring your own Verizon phone to their party (except Blackberries and iPhones).

I've been using them for a long time and love their service as there are no contracts and you get 1200 minutes and 1200 texts for under $30. However, you only get 100M of data on this plan and they don't offer other data plans.

Most of my internet usage will be in areas with existing WIFI, so I can live with the data limit for now.

From the research I've done, I've read that some pre-loaded "bloatware" apps on the Incredible 2 are non removable and want to constantly access the internet on their own. Is this true?

I also am seeing mention of an app called DroidWall that will stop these naughty apps from doing this. However, when I read more about it, I see things like "doesn't work well with yogurt or Gingerbread".

Now I need some help. Do yogurt and Gingerbread correspond to an operating system number? How can you determine which OS version is on the Incredible 2 to tell if it's yogurt or Gingerbread?

Although gingerbread and yogurt sound like nice desserts, I'm at a loss to understand what I need to know about them concerning my new phone.

I just ordered a new Incredible 2 off of eBay and could sure use some guidance as to what to look for in order tell if it has yogurt or Gingerbread!

Thanks for any insight you can share with me.

JKK

Reaction score
It will come with Froyo and the new verizon of HTC Sense, I believe its 2.0. As far as Gingerbread(the next big update for Android) I believe HTC said it will get it but no date was given.