newbie looking for assistance :)

powtow

Reaction score
hi all..

i'm a new user of D2G..i think i have a great phone here, but some things are getting annoying..home screen lags and unexpected reboot are some, not to mention battery life (which i tolerated)..
i use mine in a GSM network in Indonesia, and i found that it's almost as good as i could want from a phone..

i hope i can find some assistance to make my droid as great as it should be...and hopefully i can assist anyone whenever i can..

thanks in advance to all of you, now i'm ready to dig this forum dancedroid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry you are having issues with your D2G. I'm not familiar with your phone so I'm moving your post to the D2G general discussion section.

Mike

rusty815

Reaction score
my advice is that you should try rooting and freezing the bloatware or installing a custom ROM, there are some good ones here with hexen, angelrom and fenom that you can install that are super fast and stable.

OP
P

powtow

Reaction score
thx mwhartman..i appreciate that :)

my advice is that you should try rooting and freezing the bloatware or installing a custom ROM, there are some good ones here with hexen, angelrom and fenom that you can install that are super fast and stable.

yeah..i thought the original rom is the most stable, but my opinion changed since i read some posts in this forum..thinking seriously about rooting my D2G..thanks a lot for your advice..
oh one more thing..i wonder how a factory reset will affect my droid? what will happen to the standard apps & widgets such as youtube, search, weather etc.? i haven't dig any information about it yet, but surely i will as soon as i have time..any clue will greatly appreciated, and will help me a lot in finding the right information..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

silver6054

Reaction score

Do the custom ROMs play nicely with GSM? I got the impression, perhaps wrongly, that GSM was not much of a priority for the ROM devs.