Newbie! C4lidus

C4lidus

Reaction score
I am Software Engineer and IT Supervisor at a small tech company and now that I am finished with University(and not broke:icon_ banana:) I have decided to get a android device. I am getting the device through work so I get a discount from Verizon. I am trying to decide between Razr Maxx and Galaxy Nexus. I read just about every review I can find and I still haven't made up my mind, all the quad core phones at the mobile congress haven't made it easier. Here is what I am looking for in a phone.

Needs
-Gmail
-MS Exchange
-Navigation
+Web Browsing
- Forums​
- IRC​
-Listen to music/audio books
Wants
-Some games I can kill time with
-Camera able to take acceptable pictures
Pipe Dreams
-Remote desktop functionality(linux or windows)

I have wifi at home and at work and I could charge my phone while at work if needed. My city won't have 4G LTE till July. I grabbed a LapDock 500 for $150 encase I decide to go with Razr Maxx. If not I figure I can just sell it and make my money back.

I am leaning to towards the Razr Maxx. I after reading the reviews it sounds like the 720p screen and ICS are the only things better about the Nexus than the Razr Maxx. I figured waiting 4 months(or less if I root it) on a software update a phone that I will have for almost 2 years isn't that big of a deal.

TDLR: I need to decide between Razr Maxx and Galaxy Nexus. Right now leaning towards the Razr Maxx.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Having the RAZR for a month and the Nexus for two, i would say go for the Nexus. Camera is a bit better and unlocked boot loader. Otherwise both would service all your needs.

Oh... Welcome to the Forum :D

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Welcome to Droid Forums! Glad you joined us. :happy:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :biggrin:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome! I carry both phones and each has their ups/downs...as Chizzele indicates, both will do what ya need so it comes down to personal preference and your gut feeling...good luck with your decision ;)...

OP
C

C4lidus

Reaction score
So all the mods on a droid forum having a Galaxy Nexus is a pretty good hint. Thanks for the welcomes.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site and good luck with your decision. DancingNexus