New Update for the Verizon Galaxy S III Adds Remote Diagnostics Tool & More

Trapper31

Reaction score
I'm also curious if rooting/unlocking the bootloader is possible after installing this update. I'm holding off on installing it, but I think it's causing my CPU to wakelock and my battery life has taken a nose dive. Has anyone else been holding off and seen a huge decrease in battery life?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
The update does nothing to stop rooting/unlocking. In fact someone in the S3 part of the forum said they took the update rooted and never lost root. Others have said they had to re-root, but not re-unlock.

Last edited:

Trapper31

Reaction score
The update does nothing to stop rooting/unlocking. In fact someone in the S3 part of the forum said they took the update rooted and never lost root. Others have said they had to re-root, but not re-unlock.

Thank you for the information. Either way the update installed itself overnight without my permission. It didn't even pop up a message in the morning that said "your phone has been updated" or anything like that, it was completely stealth. Oh well.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score

Killing root would have thousands of angry customers lighting up the phones. Remotely identifying root, however, just gives them the jump for a trouble call later.