New Update for the Verizon Galaxy S III Adds Remote Diagnostics Tool & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs3-vzw-new-update.png

There's a new update for the Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy S III. This new update brings several utility updates and also adds the remote diagnostics tool. It's a shame that it isn't Jelly Bean yet, but still brings with it some useful features. Here's a summary of what it adds,
  • Improved stability and connectivity with Back Up Assistant.
  • Added support for viewing the Guided Tour video’s over the Cellular Network.
  • Enhanced Customer Support with Verizon Remote Diagnostics.
  • Improved Data Connectivity when using SBeam
If you get antsy, don't forget to check your System Updates to get it manually.

Source: S3Forums via VZW

djsiva

Reaction score
Don't forget that if you have unlocked your bootloader with the insecure boot image, DO NOT take any OTAs. There is a chance it will brick you. :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its already on razrs... its their backdoor.. :banghead:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yea i won't be accepting this OTA. Jelly Bean w/ these bogus features maybe but there's nothing 'improved' in this update that benefits me... only benefits VZW. no thank you.

Valvoline

Reaction score
Uh oh, I froze the fwupdater in titanium, but it still prompted me to install the update or defer. I have no option to cancel the update. I'm rooted and unlocked. I don't want this update. What do I do?

Valvoline

Reaction score
Ok, froze sdm 1.0 and successfully thwarted Verizon onslaught of privacy invasion practices (aka unwanted updates). Software updates in settings now force closes! Yay.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I don't use Backup Assistant, Guided Tour, or SBeam. Not much of an "update". Waitin' on JellyBean...

bgroll

Reaction score
Are we to think that if we don't update, when the JellyBean update comes out, they won't have a remote diagnostic tool in there somwhere, and we were spared this?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are we to think that if we don't update, when the JellyBean update comes out, they won't have a remote diagnostic tool in there somwhere, and we were spared this?

That's why we root bro.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2