New to the Forum

devilduck

Reaction score
Hello, all. Obviously, I am new here. So bear with me.
I am a truck driver, male, 59 years old.
I bought a Casio GzOne Commando, because "It was the latest thing available." Poor reasoning? Maybe. But, I liked the looks of the phone and the fact that it is "built to military specs."

I do have some problems with the phone, though.
(Actually, I have 2 Android phones. Both with the same problems.)
The other phone is an LG Optimus. The Optimus is on Sprint service.
Commando is on Verizon.

My problems: Neither phone will let me send pictures to anyone. And neither phone will let me save pictures sent in SMS messages from anyone.
I have checked the menu while the pictures are open; no option to save.
I have checked settings, looking for someplace that says "automatically save pictures", non-existant.
Is there any way to save pictures on either phone?

When I try to send a picture, I get the error message: "Picture not sent" with no explanation why.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Hello, all. Obviously, I am new here. So bear with me.
I am a truck driver, male, 59 years old.
I bought a Casio GzOne Commando, because "It was the latest thing available." Poor reasoning? Maybe. But, I liked the looks of the phone and the fact that it is "built to military specs."

I do have some problems with the phone, though.
(Actually, I have 2 Android phones. Both with the same problems.)
The other phone is an LG Optimus. The Optimus is on Sprint service.
Commando is on Verizon.

My problems: Neither phone will let me send pictures to anyone. And neither phone will let me save pictures sent in SMS messages from anyone.
I have checked the menu while the pictures are open; no option to save.
I have checked settings, looking for someplace that says "automatically save pictures", non-existant.
Is there any way to save pictures on either phone?

When I try to send a picture, I get the error message: "Picture not sent" with no explanation why.

Welcome to the forum! I'm not familiar with the commando however if u long press on the picture, is there a pop up msg that asks to save or share with? When sending a picture, sometimes the pixel could be too large to send. Is ur MMS working at all?

Droid2Global/Xoom...the hawaiian style

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I am not familiar with either of your phones. However, as already mentioned you should be able to save a photo by doing a long press (press and hold). If you are rooted you can use a app like Root Explorer to look at your SD card. If you are not rooted use Astro. On your SD card look for a file named DCIM, Your photos are stored in it. If you download a photo look in Downloads or Download folders.

Have you looked in the sections for each of your phones to see if there are any threads that address your issue?

What SMS app are you using?

OP
devilduck

devilduck

Reaction score
Thank you for both replies.
First: After I posted, I found the FAQ and found the Touch/hold thing. Bloody thing still won't send a ppicture i take with the phone. I haven't tried yet, but I'm thinking if I take the pic, save, then go into the folder and share, it might send it.

Second: not sure what SMS app. Whatever was installed when I got the phone.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you take a photo tap the box in the upper right. You will see the share option on the bottom left of the screen tap and select.

I use Handcent not the stock text app. If I select a photo or video to share I am able to send via Handcent.

Mike