New to droid - was a Blackberry

ollieismydog

Reaction score
Glad to find a forum for the droid. I use my phone mostly for staying connected to my office, clients and family. Text and email are my main resources. I am having some trouble with some emails:

I use a pop server for my email account because it is connected with my business and because it has been established for quite some time, I wish to continue using it. I have it set up just fine - sending and receiving things as expected. However some emails - especially but not exclusively notifications from my bank (wells fargo) cannot be read. The notice I get in the body of the email is:

? x.x KB Cannot be viewed. If I press and hold on that notice I can either share or save it. If I save it to my card and open it from there, I can read it fine, but that seems like a lot of effort to read an email that I assume is an html link type of thing.

Anybody have a solution to that? Thanks for any help.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having some troubles with your new droid. Have you checked with your Bank to see if they have an app for their services? You may want to do that. Also I would check the security settings for your emails coming from the bank. If your bank does not have an android app then you may need to register your phone through your online banking to get email alerts or text alerts.

OP
O

ollieismydog

Reaction score
Thanks. That was a very fast reply.
I have the app for the bank. I didn't think that the phone would need to be registered with the bank. I will investigate that, however, it is linked to the phone number not the device.

Besides, it isn't ONLY the bank's emails. Others do it too - most notably read receipts from outlook users.

Any other thoughts?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
You know I don't have any other ideas at the moment. I am going to ask that this thread be moved to the Droid 2 section to see if someone there may have a solution for you. To find the Droid 2 section click on the Forum tab at the top left of this page then scroll down until you see the Droid 2 section. Hopefully someone with more Droid 2 experience will have an answer for you.