new to droid , forums and moble smartphones.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by puchodog1977, Aug 17, 2010.

1. puchodog1977

puchodog1977 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys . I heard so much hype about this 2.2 deal. So when google came out with an update for droid 1 I followed the instructions and installed it. Just so u know I'm not stupid it worked right away. And I Then did my girls phone as well. It looked like 2.2 would. Don't have flash installed yet but from what I understand is I have to download another file and install it in a similar fashon. But just yesterday I went with my mother to verizon and she got a droid 2 with 2.2 installed on it.. it came with mobile hotspot on it... do I need to keep manually downloading more files in order for this manual update to be complete? I feel a bit jipped on my update.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. homemadehitshow

Ratings:
    +0
    Unless you go the tech (but easy) route of rooting you cannot get the Mobile Hotspot on Droid 1. If you run, as I recently did, the Easy Root app then you can get it though it's against Verizon's policy.

Flash can be found here
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/66285-if-you-looking-flashplayer-10-1-here.html

It will likely come officially in the next week or two and it's not super functional on Droid 1, good for audio, less for video.