1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New to Android OS (Soon)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Indecision, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Indecision

Indecision New Member

I ordered my Motorola Droid yesterday while at work (Yes, I shouldnt have been but meh I wasnt busy). I am new to the smartphone field of phones since for about the last 8 years I have been using feature phones or what most people would call dumbphones. I currently have the LG Env Touch. I am interested in making friends here and getting more information on the phone and the OS. If yall have any tips or anything like that let me know here please. I want to know how to set up my phone and what I will have to do to use it properly. I already have a gmail account but how will I transfer my numbers from my ENV touch to the Motorola Droid.
  2. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

First off Welcome to the forums, this place will help you with everything you could possibly have an issue with for the most part. When I went to my first smart phone about 5 or 6 years ago from a "dumb" phone as you call it to a smart phone I just entered in all the contacts this way i didnt include the people i personally didnt talk to anymore, however it wasnt an android phone if it was i would have just loaded all the contacts into my google account which is what i did when i went from my Saga to my Droid, just much easier and gets rid of contacts i could care less about i call it "spring cleaning" of the phone haha.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! You found that best place to share information and learn about the Droid. The community is excellent at responding to questions and providing assistance.
    Mike