Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
DF_news_samsung_picsay.jpg

Apparently another security issue was found with the Note II, S3 and Meizu MX. But in simple terms, what does this mean? You can get an easy root but it will leave your phone vulnerable to attacks.

This also effects devices using the Exynos 4210 or 4412 processor, which are primarily Samsung devices.

Quote from Android Headlines:

"But luckily the developer community is quick with things like this and have already found a fix. Thanks to XDA user RyanZA, there is already a patch to modify these permissions on all the affected devices. But the only downside is that users have confirmed that this fix cripples the camera on all these devices. So far Samsung has not made a comment on this security flaw on most of their flagship devices, but we expect to hear something soon from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
no, it affects everyone with that model phone. i'd just be careful what i install till samsung releases official fix.

hotice

Reaction score
This doesn't apply to anyone in North America. All those Galaxy S3's use the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus as opposed to a Samsung Exynos Quad.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This doesn't apply to anyone in North America. All those Galaxy S3's use the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus as opposed to a Samsung Exynos Quad.

But we have to remember that people from all over the world read the forum. :)

hotice

Reaction score
But we have to remember that people from all over the world read the forum. :)
I totally agree! It's great this was posted. I just think there are a lot of GS3 owners out there who don't know or care what CPU they have and don't realize that this may not apply to them at all. In fact, the blurb specifically refers to the "S3" without, anywhere that I saw, noting that the North American version doesn't use this CPU. I think it's a very important distinction to make on an announcement like this. I think it's too bad all the GS3's didn't use the Snapdragon. Performance should be similar or better and battery life should definitely be better on the Snapdragon than the Exynos.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I totally agree! It's great this was posted. I just think there are a lot of GS3 owners out there who don't know or care what CPU they have and don't realize that this may not apply to them at all. In fact, the blurb specifically refers to the "S3" without, anywhere that I saw, noting that the North American version doesn't use this CPU. I think it's a very important distinction to make on an announcement like this. I think it's too bad all the GS3's didn't use the Snapdragon. Performance should be similar or better and battery life should definitely be better on the Snapdragon than the Exynos.

You make some very valid arguments, and I agree. But that's why we're here, so people can learn! :)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

But the issue isn't just about the S3. It also involves the Note 2. All of the versions of the Note 2 released globally, including in North America, do have the Exynos quad-core processor, so it most certainly does apply.