new root...2 questions....

praasch

Reaction score
just rooted my samsung fascinate and so far am loving it.

installed the wireless tether which was my main focus. i installed launcher pro plus and have it pretty well set up.

first question in regards to launcher pro, is there a way to drag and drop to move the screens, ala touchwiz? when i zoom out to show the 7 homescreens, i am able to move to another screen, but not able to re-organize.

second question, the biggest feature i'm awaiting right now is the video out through the 3.5mm jack. from what i can tell its in the works with the froyo update, but wasn't sure if there was a way by installing a new rom that would open up that access, such as a rom based off the international galaxy s, which has the feature available.

i'm new to the rom thing, so if its a bad question, i apologize.

thanks for all the help i've found so far on the forums....very useful place.

thanks, patrick

powell730

Reaction score
just rooted my samsung fascinate and so far am loving it.

installed the wireless tether which was my main focus. i installed launcher pro plus and have it pretty well set up.

first question in regards to launcher pro, is there a way to drag and drop to move the screens, ala touchwiz? when i zoom out to show the 7 homescreens, i am able to move to another screen, but not able to re-organize.

second question, the biggest feature i'm awaiting right now is the video out through the 3.5mm jack. from what i can tell its in the works with the froyo update, but wasn't sure if there was a way by installing a new rom that would open up that access, such as a rom based off the international galaxy s, which has the feature available.

i'm new to the rom thing, so if its a bad question, i apologize.

thanks for all the help i've found so far on the forums....very useful place.

thanks, patrick

I'm kind of confused on your questions, if you just swipe your finger left and right on the screen you will go from homescreen to homescreen... is that your question?

As far as the 3.5mm jack you should be able to get audio out? I plug mine in everyday to an aux port in my car and listen to pandora radio on the way to work.

OP
P

praasch

Reaction score
I know that I can swype to move, but if I want to change the order that they are in, is that possible...the stock touchwiz ui can do that...

As for the 3.5 jack, I'm wondering more about the video out capabilities that the galaxy s phones have....i have the audio running through my car, but want video out for watching movies off the phone on tv....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

IamGov

Reaction score
Video out not available for Fascinate, even with hacks.

Launcher pro does not have the screen rearrange like touchwiz.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

Marc2470

Reaction score
I'm using adw launcher. Very easy to rearrange homescreens

davidf631780

Reaction score
So does anyone have the link to get the international froyo update