new owner, questions, received calls, battery life

HNettles

Reaction score
I picked up a Rezound 5 days ago, and purchased the extended battery at the same time. I am coming from a Droid X, and I was hoping that the extended battery would give me approximately the same battery life as the standard battery on the Droid X. For anyone else who is contemplating, let me disabuse you of that thought right now. It does not. In addition, the extended battery changes the size and the feel of the phone, more than I expected. I have gone back and forth with the standard versus extended battery. With the extended battery, it is harder for me to hold the phone one handed and operate it with my thumb. And I have fairly large hands. Be sure to try the phone WITH the extended battery, before you commit.

The difference in speed, not only the 4g network, but simply moving around through menus, etc, is more than I expected. This is an upgrade, and I will not be going back to the Droid X.

I am having some problems with the HTC interface, versus the Motorola interface that I am accustomed to. In the received calls listing, I cannot find information about the length of the calls. This is important, I need that. Is there anyway to get it?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On the dialer long press the number you want to check, tap view call history

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Snoking

Reaction score
I installed an extended battery and cut out a gel case for the extended part. See no reason to switch back.

Be sure to charge phone while off fully and discharge it to 15 percent or less, and recharge it again while off to calibrate to battery meter.

Once you get the extended battery trained, you will love it.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I also came from a Droid-X. I had the 621 rooted, but moved to AOKP ROM. I still play with the DX using Wifi.

The Rezound has a faster dual core CPU, high resolution screen, great camera, and the most reliable 3G and 4G radio of all the 4G verizon phones. Galaxy Nexus owners enjoy ICS, but moan about all the dropped data and even dropped calls. I worked with a Galaxy nexus owner who always kept his 4G turned off due to problems, and meanwhile I had the strongest best fast 4G signal at work. Anyway, it is a great phone, and the battery is its weak point. However, I think all the dual-core CPU and 4G phones have worse battery life compared to a DX.

Anyway, I own two standard batteries, two extended batteries, the larger back cover for the extended battery, the verizon belt holster for extended battery, and a silicon protector for the standard battery.

I find the extended battery is OK when worn on a belt, but it is too heavy and bulky to carry in a shirt pocket.

I think most people are on battery power for only about two hours at any time: Their commute to/from work, or a shopping trip, or eating dinner in a restaurant. The standard battery is more than enough for a few hours of use. Most people can keep it charged at home, work, and in the car.

Another approach is having a spare battery and an external battery charger so one can charge the battery out of the phone. If one runs out of battery power, then swap batteries. I had two batteries for the DX, and much prefer the DX's battery door over that on the Rezound.

BTW, it takes a few minutes for a Rezound to boot up after a battery swap.

I have read reports from people using the ICS Leaks that their battery lasts much longer than with the stock GB.

Personally, I think the auto-brightness provides far too much brightness for all light levels except for full blown sunlight on a sunny day. I usually keep auto-brightness off and use a widget called "Brightness Lux widget lite" which provides 8 brightness levels. I usually find that the display is the largest use of battery power.

Another approach is to turn off 4G. Just use 3G unless you need the speed. The 4G radio supposedly uses alot of battery power. Not sure about this 4G/3G setting as I do not personally use this tip.

Then there are apps to conserve battery power like: Juice Defender, and the free Battery Defender.

Good Luck,

Howard

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want similar battery life to the DX, turn off LTE and leave it off. You should get very similar battery life times. One of the main battery issues is that LTE drains the battery pretty harshly, and searching for LTE is just as bad. So if you're not in a full fledged LTE are then you should switch it off because all you're going to do is drain your battery.

cdm369

Reaction score
I turned off my 4g and my battery life more than doubled. Isn't ICS suppose to help LTE battery issues?