New Noob with ROOT Questions?

Patkitkat

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls, great site.. I am ashamed I haven't registered sooner!

Droid 1 user for around a year now.. I would like to "Root" my phone the correct and hopefully easy way. I have Android 2.2.2, and use Windows 7 on Laptop.

I figured to go with: Project Elite or another STRONG/EASY Rom.

Could u tell me where i need to go for info on how to root my device please? I am slightly knowledgeable with computers, in case this matters.

Sorry if this is a redundant question/topic but I don't know how else to get a little help. Thank u VERY much for taking the time to help a guy out. Good vibes to u! =)

-Pat

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys/girls, great site.. I am ashamed I haven't registered sooner!

Droid 1 user for around a year now.. I would like to "Root" my phone the correct and hopefully easy way. I have Android 2.2.2, and use Windows 7 on Laptop.

I figured to go with: Project Elite or another STRONG/EASY Rom.

Could u tell me where i need to go for info on how to root my device please? I am slightly knowledgeable with computers, in case this matters.

Sorry if this is a redundant question/topic but I don't know how else to get a little help. Thank u VERY much for taking the time to help a guy out. Good vibes to u! =)

-Pat

welcome to the forums

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html try this thread should help you out

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Hope u find the community very helpful, glad u joined us. Just be sure to thoroughly read up on rooting, have a backup, and say ur prayers. LOL just kidding. Good luck...

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

OP
Patkitkat

Patkitkat

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, it's amazing to see D1 users still coming aboard. I am STILL one lol :)

Lol thanks.. Haven't bought a DroidX just cuz im so use to my droid now.

Ty to the welcomes also.

OP
Patkitkat

Patkitkat

Reaction score
Copy MotoCache1_Complete_Root_v1.1-update.zip to the root of your phone's SD card and name it as update.zip.

I am all ready to root my phone but.. Where exactly is the ROOT DIRECTORY for the SD Card? Sorry if this is a stupid question lol. But I honestly dunno.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Copy MotoCache1_Complete_Root_v1.1-update.zip to the root of your phone's SD card and name it as update.zip.

I am all ready to root my phone but.. Where exactly is the ROOT DIRECTORY for the SD Card? Sorry if this is a stupid question lol. But I honestly dunno.

The root directory is just the base of your sd card (i.e. not in ANY folder)

OP
Patkitkat

Patkitkat

Reaction score
Awesome. Ty SBENSON.. I was unsure. If i could props/rep u, i would :)

OP
Patkitkat

Patkitkat

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Hopefully the phone will be listed in the grid in the bottom half of the RSD Lite window. Give it a minute or two if it doesn't show up right away. Sometimes it takes Windows a minute (or 2 or 3) to let go of the phone and pick it back up again after rebooting into the bootloader. If after a couple minutes your phone still isn't listed in the "Model" column of the bottom section, in RSD Lite, click Config, Device Id Options, and choose "First-Come-First-ServeDeviceId Mode" and press "OK". RSD Lite may say you need to restart RSD -- if so, do so.

...I am not seeing it show? I have restarted RSD lite after checking that option. my phone is in Bootloader menu.

Wtf? :( Is this the cause? I looked online seemed people cannot get a855 droid drivers to install correctly with windows.. Maybe this is why RSD Lite doesnt see my phone?

24pgwme.jpg