New Nexus 7 Experiencing Touch-Screen Issues & More; Google is Investigating

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;MYGd7GFVqB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYGd7GFVqB0&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

That's the thing with being in the hardware business. Even when you have another manufacturer building your devices, you are still responsible if your name is on it. It looks like some folks who own the next generation Nexus 7 from Asus and Google are experiencing a number of different multi-touch issues with their new device. Here's a quote with some of the details,

Several owners of Google's new tablet say the screen doesn't respond properly when they perform certain multitouch actions, such as pinching to zoom in or touching the screen with two fingers to move an item. Commenters posting on Google Groups and the XDA Developers forum over the past couple of weeks report a few related issues.
In some cases, pinching the screen causes surrounding items to jump around. In other cases, several attempts must be made to move an object successfully using multitouch. Some users also say the on-screen keyboard is buggy, registering a single tap as a double tap.

Some owners say they traded in their bad models for new ones, with mixed results.
Apparently the new Nexus 7 is also beset with GPS issues as well. Google is working hard on a solution to both problems. Here's what they had to say, "The Android team is aware of this issue and investigating. I'll post an update when there's new information to share." Above is a video demonstrating the multitouch glitches.

Source: CNET

Mark_V

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G4 Plus
GPS on mine is defiantly messed up and I thought the touch screen was a little off. I just assumed that I just needed to get used to it.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The GPS on mine isn't too good but I don't use it for GPS. It should work, but isn't high on my priority list. As for touch on the N7...I have issues with it recognizing long presses. If I want to remove an app from the screen, about 50% of the time it doesn't see me pressing. I have to lift my finger and do it again, sometimes more than once. Its not major but an annoyance.