New Nexus 7 Experiencing Touch-Screen Issues & More; Google is Investigating

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Aug 13, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254

That's the thing with being in the hardware business. Even when you have another manufacturer building your devices, you are still responsible if your name is on it. It looks like some folks who own the next generation Nexus 7 from Asus and Google are experiencing a number of different multi-touch issues with their new device. Here's a quote with some of the details,

Apparently the new Nexus 7 is also beset with GPS issues as well. Google is working hard on a solution to both problems. Here's what they had to say, "The Android team is aware of this issue and investigating. I'll post an update when there's new information to share." Above is a video demonstrating the multitouch glitches.

Source: CNET

2. Mark_V

Mark_V Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto G4 Plus
    GPS on mine is defiantly messed up and I thought the touch screen was a little off. I just assumed that I just needed to get used to it.

3. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +760
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL
    The GPS on mine isn't too good but I don't use it for GPS. It should work, but isn't high on my priority list. As for touch on the N7...I have issues with it recognizing long presses. If I want to remove an app from the screen, about 50% of the time it doesn't see me pressing. I have to lift my finger and do it again, sometimes more than once. Its not major but an annoyance.

Search tags for this page

2013 nexus 7 screen glitches

google's forum new nexus 7 problems and investigation

havetotapscreenhardtoenterpasswordonnexus7

new nexus7 forums

new nexus7 touch screen

new nexus7 touch screen problem