Some Pixel C Owners Are Complaining of Weak WiFi Signal & Speeds; Google Investigates

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-pixel-c-tablet-closeup.jpg

Google is supposedly investigating some reported issues with the new Google Pixel C. The main complaint that has been big enough to warrant their attention is that the new tablet hybrid seems to have poor WiFi signal strength and speeds.

A large enough number of owners have reported this issue to warrant Google's attention. Here's a quote with a description of the problem,

Based on the responses, this issue is most apparent when you start to move further from the router. As other devices maintain a consistent connection, the Pixel C starts to fall off drastically. Upload speeds are consistent with other devices, but downloads are less than half of what they ought to be. No one has found a setting tweak that makes any difference, either.
~ AndroidPolice

Interestingly, the issue isn't completely wide-spread, and one theory suggests that it could be a strange incompatibility with specific routers.

Here's the Nexus tech support forum for further info: Google Groups

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hey Google. Send me one and I'll test it for you.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Heh, my laptop at home started doing this exact thing. For some reason it no longer wants to have an acceptable download speed where it normally resides but my phone pulls 50+ Mbps just fine in the same spot.