New Member to the Forum

wrkeen

Reaction score
I'm new to the Motorola DROID. Just bought it as an upgrade on my Verizon phone plan. (My first smart phone . . . couldn't go to iPhone; AT&T coverage is not good in my area.) I'm still learning what DROID can and cannot do. I'm an intermediate skilled tech user-- engineering and military background but old enough to be hard to teach 'new tricks".
So far I love the DROID. Didn't especially like the browser so got the Dolphin app.
Don't like the fact that I can't voice dial in my car and wish that I could delete multiple emails like you can with the control or shift keys on windows mail programs.
I gather these are being worked on for upgrades and that there are workarounds now.
The forum looks terrific . . . lots of people more savy than I am to learn from.

wrkeen

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm new to the Motorola DROID. Just bought it as an upgrade on my Verizon phone plan. (My first smart phone . . . couldn't go to iPhone; AT&T coverage is not good in my area.) I'm still learning what DROID can and cannot do. I'm an intermediate skilled tech user-- engineering and military background but old enough to be hard to teach 'new tricks".
So far I love the DROID. Didn't especially like the browser so got the Dolphin app.
Don't like the fact that I can't voice dial in my car and wish that I could delete multiple emails like you can with the control or shift keys on windows mail programs.
I gather these are being worked on for upgrades and that there are workarounds now.
The forum looks terrific . . . lots of people more savy than I am to learn from.

wrkeen

Welcome, wrkeen! Glad to have you with us! Make yourself at home and jump right in! Everyone is here to help and learn! Reading the threads on the forum will only increase how much you enjoy that new Droid! The possibilities for customization are endless!

There's a native app (comes stock on the phone) called Voice Dialer. Open it up and just say who and where you want to call. "Call John Smith at home". It's pretty accurate for me. If you're talking about Bluetooth voice dialing, that doesn't work quite yet.

Check out K-9 Mail (free in the Market). I believe that lets you delete multiple emails if I remember correctly.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

Last edited: