New Launcher Theme by @davekover "Lumos" Dropping Tomorrow!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have been getting totally tired of the Touchwiz UI theming on the Note 3! Lucky for me Dave Kover is releasing his latest Theme and Icon pack "Lumos" tomorrow! Many of you will remember the Nox Icon Pack that was released last summer. This became the most popular launcher theme/icon pack ever over night. It has 50,000 downloads to date and maintains a nearly perfect rating of 4.8 on the Play Store. Nox was super unique with its inclusion of the "long shadow" effect which gave the icons depth that had not been seen in any other custom icon pack before. The long shadow effect is back in this all new Icon pack!

Lumos brings some of the most current design cues and combines them into a unique icon style. Lumos features reduced light from a central, off icon lighting source. The icons have a soft color pallet, and the curved corners look really nice. The lighting effect adds a depth to the icons. Reminiscent of game pieces from the board game perfection you get a flat icon background with a 3D pop out icon in the middle. Lumos brings a new styling to common icons like messaging, camera, phone, internet and more! With Lumos comes 18+ wallpapers that go great with the icons to give your device a whole new look and feel. The standalone app makes it super easy to install lumos on whichever home screen replacement launcher you happen to be running. There are 1450 hand themed icons included and this icon pack also makes use of icon masking which means all app icons will match the overall theming. This app will be on sale for $1.99 starting tomorrow!
Check out Dave's other apps while you wait.

Google Play

image via Phandroid

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
"Glowing" review...heh. Sorry. "Lumos?" "Glowing?"

[crickets chirping]

Anyway, these icons seem, to me, to be a bit plain. The 3D effect of the long shadows is very cool, but the icon background is so plain that my eye just sort of sweeps over the whole screen of icons without landing on one.