New htc dna 2 is comeing

loonie

Reaction score
HTC But*ter*fly 2 Could Be Ver*i*zon HTC One is a post by Adam Mills from Gotta Be Mobile.

HTC con*firmed that it has anoth*er second-generation ver*sion of the HTC But*ter*fly in the works, a device known as the Droid DNA on Ver*i*zon in the Unit*ed States, and as it appears that it will be out soon, this could very well wind up being Ver*i*zon’s ver*sion of the HTC One.

Read: HTC One Release: Addi*tion*al Delays & Short*ages Into Late April.

Rumors have been fly*ing around late*ly about a poten*tial Ver*i*zon ver*sion of the new HTC One, a device that was launched back in Feb*ru*ary and will be released in the weeks ahead on AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile. And while Ver*i*zon isn’t expect*ed to be one of the first car*ri*ers to host the HTC One, it has been rumored to be get*ting it at some point down the road.

THE HTC ONE RELEASE DATE IS ON TRACK FOR EARLY TO MID APRIL.
The HTC One could be the Droid DNA 2 on Ver*i*zon.

Cur*rent rumors sug*gest that Ver*i*zon’s ver*sion of the device will come a month or two after other car*ri*ers and that it will have a DLX*PLUS model name. The HTC DLX was the orig*i*nal name of the Droid DNA. Rumors have sug*gest*ed that based on this, the DLX*PLUS could ulti*mate*ly end up being Ver*i*zon’s new ver*sion of the Droid DNA and per*haps Ver*i*zon’s ver*sion of the HTC One.

Those rumors have gained steam today as a report from Focus Tai*wan claims that HTC exec*u*tive Ben Ho, chief mar*ket*ing offi*cer of HTC, has con*firmed that a next-generation HTC But*ter*fly is com*ing soon. The HTC But*ter*fly is of course the Droid DNA, only, the Droid DNA fea*tures Ver*i*zon brand*ing.

It’s unclear just what the next-generation HTC But*ter*fly has on board but it could be a 5-inch device like the orig*i*nal HTC But*ter*fly. The HTC One comes with a 4.7-inch dis*play and rumors about the DLX*PLUS have sug*gest*ed a 4.7-inch dis*play as well, how*ev*er.

Read: Ver*i*zon HTC One Release No Longer Denied by HTC.

It’s also unclear just where it might be released. How*ev*er, given that Ver*i*zon launched the pre*vi*ous But*ter*fly and won’t have an HTC One at launch, it could be that this device will ulti*mate*ly be Ver*i*zon’s ver*sion of the HTC One, per*haps, brand*ed as the Droid DNA 2.

It also could be that the Droid DNA 2 and the Ver*i*zon HTC One are two, total*ly dif*fer*ent devices but it would be strange to see Ver*i*zon release an entire*ly sim*i*lar phone so late in the game. Instead, it may want to offer some*thing dif*fer*ent and per*haps a Droid DNA 2 with a 5-inch dis*play and a sim*i*lar full metal HTC One design will be it.

HTC says that it will launch soon, so hope*ful*ly, we see some offi*cial details emerge soon*er rather than later.

HTC But*ter*fly 2 Could Be Ver*i*zon HTC One is a post by Adam Mills from Gotta Be Mobile.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Agreed lol..i was like what the crap. But man..this figures as i would just sell my iphone 5, buy a Note 2 then trade it for a DNA to only get screwed by Big Red once again lol. JK..im glad, were getting a new flagship from HTC. I love my DNA though, running 4.2.1 and Sense 5 is awesome.

mokes

Reaction score
His 1st post was that?? Take it with a grain of salt. I was just using my wife's DNA and every time I use her phone, I am like.."Wow....man this phone is nice. I LOVE the keyboard on her phone. Whole thing is nice." Blows my Razr out of the water. Even with Jelly Bean on it, which was a giant let down btw.

I'm shocked the DNA doesn't get more press to be honest.

25mm

Reaction score
Just went Verizon's website and the DNA no longer appears there.

JohnFH

Reaction score
The DNA is back on the Verizon website.

Sent from my DROID RAZR running 4.1.2

Wolfman38

Reaction score
I was going to get the DNA when my upgrade comes in a couple of months, but it looks like I will be getting the new DNA 2 (if that is what they are going to call it). Hope that is has a bigger battery than the DNA and the ability to take a micro-SD card.

vannDROID

Reaction score
Wolfman,

Are you referring to the HTC One? I have not heard of an HTC DNA II by Verizon.

Wolfman38

Reaction score
Everything we are reading right now is just rumors, but it looks like the DNA maybe dropped and a phone, people are nicknaming the DNA 2 maybe its replacement in a month or two. It could be the HTC One that just looks different, but on Big Red.

Robster

Reaction score
I doubt the DNA would just be dropped if something newer came out. Usually what happens is the older phone just gets placed at a lower price point. But you are right, all of this is just rumors and speculation.

sigshane

Reaction score
I would love to see a press release or some kind of verifiable info on this DNA II.

Not that I doubt the claim, but you know how rumors get going, especially if you own/owned a Bionic...