New...hi everyone! HTC Rezound Hot Spot ??s

jlynn012

Reaction score
Hi everyone! As you can see i'm new to this forum. i'm not completely computer or smart phone savy and could use some help. i have an htc rezound and use it to hot spot and connect my lap top. i do not have dsl (too expensive) and we don't have free wifi spots where we live (if in town we do).

when i connect my lap top to my hot spot i do a google search on ip address and it comes up. #1 can i tell on my htc rezound what the ip address is w/out looking it up? #2 can i change that hot spot ip that it connects to? basically i would like to connect to my hotspot were it changes the ip each time, is that possible?

thanks to everyone in advance. sorry i don't know that much. i have read the best way is to just connect to free wifi spots, if available. or to find free proxy websites but all the ones so far that i've looked at that say are free aren't really free when you go to check say web mail.

i hope i have given enough info for people to reply.

thanks
jlynn

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am not sure on an answer to your question but wanted to welcome ya to the forum!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the DROID forums :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF jlynn!! I hope you can get it all figured out!! :biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So in other words you want to use a rotating ip# is that correct? If you use your cell phone as a modem, then I believe this automatically happens.. hope this helps :)

OP
J

jlynn012

Reaction score
94lt1

Sorry, I'm only so computer/smartphone savy. When you meant rotating ip# you mean each time I hot spot it changes?

I know each time I turn my htc rezound hotspot on and connect my lap top and then do a google search on what's my ip it comes up the same address. That's why I'm guessing it doesn't rotate. Hope that makes sense.

But yes, I would like to hotspot and each time log on it be a different IP. I would think it would to since it's like connecting to wifi...but then I could be totally wrong.

Thanks for the reply.

jlynn

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Actually, each time your mobile device logs on to the internet, it uses a different ip#, so I think that the IP for tethering would be different as well.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And relax :) its fine.. we all have to learn somewhere :) nobody will hold that against you here :)

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2