New here, (YOU GUYS R AWSOME!!) & New to DROID

tjjohnson

Reaction score
Hello to all,

I LOVE my DROID, upgraded from what used to be a crackberry. Had it for a few months now and was very concerned at first because it wasn't living up to the hype. When I talked to some other people I was told to just wait for the upgrade that was coming out and I should see a BIG change. Not a problem, but during that time mainly used the device as just a phone. Well, I JUST downloaded the upgrade and see some significant changes but don't know where to start really experiencing the full capabilities of the device. Any advice and/or suggestions, greatly appreciated. B

Been a fan of Droid for a long time, but iphone freaks took the time I was waiting for the upgrade to really dig into my Droid and tell me how superior their phone was to mine. Can't wait for some Payback....LOL.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Welcome to DF and to Android. Which Droid did you get? The biggest advantage that Android has is customization. You can chance the number of home screens, add widgets, move apps where you want them or just remove them from your home screens alltogether. If you download a replacement home launcher app like Go Launcher EX customization options are almost endless thanks to all the themes available. And you can do all this WITHOUT rooting (jail breaking) your phone. The iphone does one thing at a time but it does it well. Android can multi-task. There are so many advantages to Android it's not funny. I've converted a few iphone users over to Android by just showing them what my Rezound could do that their iphone couldn't. Once you know the ins and outs of your phone it's really not a fair fight going up against an iphone. I honestly feel sorry for the iphone users. They are so limited with their phone and they paid so much more it. There really is one born every minute and they are usually carrying iphones.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums and the Android family!! Let us know what we can do to help with the transition :)

OP
tjjohnson

tjjohnson

Reaction score
Droid Bionic

Thank all of you for your kind welcome. I'm still in shock with my phone...the update is absolutely wonderful. I do have a question/concern with one of my GOOGLE apps, if you can help. When I go to the Navigation app with the blue arrow, I put in an address, it comes up with the map, but at the bottom of the app it constantly displays "Searching for GPS..."? I believe I have the settings correct everything appears to be checked correctly, but I have no voice navigation???

@LoudRam - Thank you for your input and suggestions, they're very appreciated. If you or anyone else has suggestions or anything I'd love to hear...

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Thank all of you for your kind welcome. I'm still in shock with my phone...the update is absolutely wonderful. I do have a question/concern with one of my GOOGLE apps, if you can help. When I go to the Navigation app with the blue arrow, I put in an address, it comes up with the map, but at the bottom of the app it constantly displays "Searching for GPS..."? I believe I have the settings correct everything appears to be checked correctly, but I have no voice navigation???

@LoudRam - Thank you for your input and suggestions, they're very appreciated. If you or anyone else has suggestions or anything I'd love to hear...

No problem. As for your GPS is it turned on? On the Rezound you still have to turn it on even after you start maps unless you have it set to automatically turn on. If it is on then the issue might be that your phone can't find any satellites to lock onto to give you a GPS location. Hopefully this helps.