New Fish...

justjered

Reaction score
Hey I'm Jered... Not new to forums by any means but new to the droid and here...

Anxiously waiting for wednesday when my droid is hand delivered by UPS...

I am a former Iphone addict... Not gonna lie, would have stayed an Iaddict, but EVERYONE I know is with verizon and it got old hearing how I blew their monthy texts and minutes...

What I've looked at so far the droid has the basics I required for a "smart phone" with Yahoo messenger, Facebook and gps functionable... Of course can't wait to get into the android app program and find the fun stuff...

Hoping Storm8 will get their games and such adapted for the android OS... Will suck not having a few games of theirs that I play.

Already bookmarked the 5 fav apps page and have a few I want to look into...

One downside is the 160 character maximum forced by verizon, I was hoping the droid would have bypassed this being one of verizon's forced hand in so many functions of their phones... I'm also hoping I don't get a suprise and find forced verizon heavily embedded in the droid.

Long story short, I'm here... Looking forward to playing with my droid on wednesday and I'm sure I'll be right along with the rest of you hacking it to pieces (Loved cydia & rock thru the blackrain, jailbreak for the iphone).

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum.. Man your gonna love your DROID,, you wont be able to put it down for the first couple of weeks...enjoy!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome jared! glad to see you are excited about it (like us! eeps!)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome Jered...great to have you onboard

Enjoy the forums

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: and you are going to love your phone!

I was very iffy about switching from the 3Gs, great phone but terrible service. We had to WAIT for 2 years for MMS? C'mon AT&T...

I love my Droid and especially Verizon a lot more. Enjoy your stay here!

Wendy

Reaction score
How can you stand to wait until Wednesday?! :)

Welcome to the forums...I don't think you will be disappointed with the switch!

OP
justjered

justjered

Reaction score
How can you stand to wait until Wednesday?! :)

Welcome to the forums...I don't think you will be disappointed with the switch!

Oh I ordered it knowing it was back ordered... didnt think I'd get it till the 1st... So Wednesday is GREAT! However yes I hate waiting!

Sparty83

Reaction score
Yes, welcome! I've had mine about a month now and I'm still playing with it. While I work on an iMac and like other Apple stuff, including my iPod Touch, I wanted nothing to do with AT&T, so went with the Droid and have not regretted it one bit. I bet it's going to be a long wait until Wednesday! :motdroidhoriz:

Wendy

Reaction score
Yes, welcome! I've had mine about a month now and I'm still playing with it. While I work on an iMac and like other Apple stuff, including my iPod Touch, I wanted nothing to do with AT&T, so went with the Droid and have not regretted it one bit. I bet it's going to be a long wait until Wednesday! :motdroidhoriz:

I feel the same way. I love my macbook & iTouch, but I was not willing to go to AT&T. I *almost* waited to see if the iphone/verizon rumors panned out, but I'm so glad I didn't!!