New e-mail notification when there isn't

Ben_Droid

Reaction score
I have my pop email checking every five minutes on the droid. I get the chime and notification there is new mail even when there isn't. I tried marking all threads as read but it still comes back with "new messages". The messages I marked read are now unread. I can't find any settings to deal with this issue. Does anyone have a suggestion?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have my pop email checking every five minutes on the droid. I get the chime and notification there is new mail even when there isn't. I tried marking all threads as read but it still comes back with "new messages". The messages I marked read are now unread. I can't find any settings to deal with this issue. Does anyone have a suggestion?

A couple of suggestions. First, you might try downloading the K-9 email client and use it instead of the stock "email" app on the phone. In general, it provides both greater functionality and seems to be more reliable.

Second, if you can do so, you should consider forwarding your email from the POP account to the gmail server. Gmail supports "push" so you won't have to even worry about "polling" and that's a blessing in itself. And if you don't like the way gmail threads email messages, you can still use K-9 to access the gmail account.