Email notification not going away

phatkat66

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im having some trouble with my droid. Recently out of nowhere I've been getting a notification saying I have 9 unread mail in one of my email accounts (its an aim email not gmail) and everytime i check it i have no mail or the its been copying emails and making blank bodies of them... idk how to explain but its always the same few.

So either my emails are already checked and nothing unread or its marking them as unread on its own and constantly notifying me of them.

Any way to fix this?

btw im using the smoked glass 4.5 rom but thats pretty much it besides the usual overclock, brightness hack, cpu/battery temp apps and some new wallpaper (not live wallpaper)

droid d'oh

Reaction score
Go to settings>applications>manage applications. Open the options and select filters>all. Go to gmail, click on clear data, then do the same for gmail storage. This will reset your cache and fix any issues with the notifications.

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
ok i did that so far so good thank you ^_^

Spoke too soon, the moment I finished writing this i just got a notification for the same 9 emails again I just opened them too >_<

Any other suggestions?

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
this problem is irritating idk what to doooooooooooooooo my phone keeps vibrating/notifying me of the same email. and im checking it thinking it might actually be something worth checking....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this problem is irritating idk what to doooooooooooooooo my phone keeps vibrating/notifying me of the same email. and im checking it thinking it might actually be something worth checking....

Are these false notifications appearing on your gmail or email?

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
actually now that i think of it i havent been getting any NEW email notifications at all, not from gmail (but i dont think i have any i have to check on the comp) or my yahoo/aim and i KNOW for sure i got new email in yahoo