New Droidee; Want Advice!

jet5031

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just got back from the Verizon store with my brand new Droid :D

I can't wait to get more into it, but I wanted to ask you all first if you had any tips or tricks I should know about.

-MUST HAVE Apps?
-Info on Themes?
-What is "Rooting" the phone?!

Anything else you can recommend would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone I look forward to hearing back!

-JET

demon69120

Reaction score
Haha this isn't exactly hidden information. Read stickies such as "Getting started" and rooting, reason why etc. Try to google "Must have apps" for example.

Anyways, this site and Alldroid are amazing resources. With your Droid you will not be disappointed. Many people here suffer addiction.

koralyne

Reaction score
Congrats on the smart purchase, and welcome to the forums!

The one bit of advice I give to anybody asking would be, well, if you get stuck, try pressing the menu key, or longpressing something. usually yields results.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to get more into it, but I wanted to ask you all first if you had any tips or tricks I should know about.
Yup. Read these forums. They address all your questions.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forum....As everyone has mentioned, Read, Read, Read, Read, Read, Read, Read, and Read some more.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
All good advice above. In addition, you might want to access Find great Android apps and games - AppBrain on your pc/mac. It's not perfect, but it does provide a much improved browsing experience for finding apps you might need from the Market.

And even better, it allows you keep a list of apps you want to intall and access the list from your Droid (with the appbrain app.) Once you do that, you can download the individual apps and synchronize it with the list you maintain on AppBrain.com.