New Droid user, organizing folders?

jeremiahm

Reaction score
I don't feel as if I'm getting the most out of my moto droid. I, on accident, found out that you can add folders to the home page. That's cool, didn't know I could do that. But, now I don't know how to put things in them? Can you copy stuff and paste into folders? If so, how?

Jeremiah

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't feel as if I'm getting the most out of my moto droid. I, on accident, found out that you can add folders to the home page. That's cool, didn't know I could do that. But, now I don't know how to put things in them? Can you copy stuff and paste into folders? If so, how?

Jeremiah

Copy paste by just long pressing on what you want to dopy and then select copy on the menu. Open your folder and press once, you'll see the menu pop up again. Select paste. It's pretty easy to do.

Think about downloading a file manager like Linda or Astro (I like Linda). You can keep your files organized that way. It will make it easier also for you to search and find items.

dkshaer

Reaction score
You could also get either Application Organizer or Folder Organizer from the market. The latter costs but allows for a great, great deal of flexibility in organizing things, changing icons, etc. and includes widgets to display any of your folders. Very useful app for me.

xliderider

Reaction score
+1 on FOlderOrganizer. one of the best Apps I've paid for.

Also, if you use LP or LPP, you can put Folder Organizer folder links right in your scrollable bottom dock icons. So instead of just your 15 scrollable icons, some of the icons can give you whole groups of apps like Mutimedia, Games, Tools, Utilities, etc. dancedroid

122609.png

OP, in this image of my old D1 screen, the Multimedia, Apps, Tools, Shopping, and Games folders are Folder Organizer folders.

Last edited:
Reaction score
+1 on FOlderOrganizer. one of the best Apps I've paid for.

Also, if you use LP or LPP, you can put Folder Organizer folder links right in your scrollable bottom dock icons. So instead of just your 15 scrollable icons, some of the icons can give you whole groups of apps like Mutimedia, Games, Tools, Utilities, etc. dancedroid
I actually use LauncherPron and infact do have FolderOrganizer set to show groups of apps in my scrolling dock, indeed called Games, Tools, Utilities, even a folder filled with direct dial buttons to my most used contacts.

xliderider

Reaction score

Jeremiah

Easiest way to put an app into your folder is to long press on the app icon and drag and drop the icon into the folder. Open the folder, then long press on the folder header (top part), then rename the folder.

OP
J

jeremiahm

Reaction score
Ok guys, what if I want to organize pictures? When I long press those all that happens is a picture editing menu, not a copy menu.

Are all the organizer apps non-free?