New Droid Owners w/ questions

droijo

Reaction score
:motdroidvert: Hello all,

Do not have the droids yet, however am anxiously anticipating it tomorrow. I got a couple quick questions however.

I was able to play around with the droid browser at the vzw store and know that it wouldn't play flash 9 on certain websites. As for as I have learned so far, there are other browsers available for it am I correct?

If so, are these other browsers able to? Some example sites that I would like to view would be:
justin.tv/history_that
veetle.com

Again, thanks all and it's a great forum here as far as I can tell.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:motdroidvert: Hello all,

Do not have the droids yet, however am anxiously anticipating it tomorrow. I got a couple quick questions however.

I was able to play around with the droid browser at the vzw store and know that it wouldn't play flash 9 on certain websites. As for as I have learned so far, there are other browsers available for it am I correct?

If so, are these other browsers able to? Some example sites that I would like to view would be:
justin.tv/history_that
veetle.com

Again, thanks all and it's a great forum here as far as I can tell.

No, no flash for the Droid yet, but Adobe is promising it sometime in the near future. It's not as terrible as it sounds. So welcome, droijo! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Just check out the links in my signature and you’ll get some really good advice that may take the edge off the learning curve. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Oh, and here's a great thread on app suggestions Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps. Enjoy that new toy and try to remember to eat and sleep every now and then!

:welcome:

OP
D

droijo

Reaction score
Awesome, those links were great.

Another question, I'm charging it for first use right now; how can I tell when the battery is fully charged? I'm sure I'll know when it get's there, but I would like to know what to look for such as the indication or light on the side?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looking at the Droid, on the top of the screen is a little white notification bar. On it you'll see (from the right to the left) the time, the alarm clock icon (only if you have the alarm set) and then the battery icon. If it's completely green it's full. Hope that helps!

OP
D

droijo

Reaction score
Looking at the Droid, on the top of the screen is a little white notification bar. On it you'll see (from the right to the left) the time, the alarm clock icon (only if you have the alarm set) and then the battery icon. If it's completely green it's full. Hope that helps!

Thank you, yes I did see that. So the green battery with the charging(lightning) indicator means it's still charging and a completely green icon will mean it's complete?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Absolutely correct, please move to the head of the class! :yahoo: