New Droid User

embuen

Reaction score
Los Angeles / Saint Mary's College of California
Hello all. I am proud to say that I will be picking up my Droid X tomorrow and tossing my Blackberry in the trash (ok, not really).

I am definitely excited to be joining the Droid community. I have heard nothing but praise. I have had enough of the Blackberry - it sure isn't the phone for me - and I am ready to move on to bigger and better things!

Just wanted to do a quick intro and say that I'm glad I made the switch and hope to contribute to this site as much as possible.

Also, I had a quick question. I understand the X will be receiving the Froyo 2.2 update sooner or later, and that it has the ability to play Flash...

Well I currently reside in Los Angeles and I am a die-hard Lakers fan. I will be going to school in Northern California in the spring semester. I wanted to ask if it is possible to view live streams for games? i.e. atdhe, justin.tv, etc.

Thanks again everyone, and once again I am proud to be here.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome:

yes when 2.2 is rolled out it will have flash with it. if you can find a website that streams it, it will work on the DX (although a few sites seem to block it, like Hulu)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum and Congrats on the DX, I bet tomorrow can't get here fast enough

and there is a justin.tv app ;)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the upgrade to the X...jump in and enjoy!!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
No official date given at this time...rumored is sometime this month hopefully...

OP
embuen

embuen

Reaction score
Los Angeles / Saint Mary's College of California
Thank you again all. After a bit of confusion and delay from Verizon, I was able to pick up my Droid X earlier today and I am in love with it.

Does anyone recommend any cool applications that I should download? Please let me know. Thanks!

matto524

Reaction score
I got my Bionic about a month and a half ago. I am already on my second Bionic, due to my camera failing to initialize on my first bionic, and I have encountered a myriad of other problems (spotty data connectivity, phone freezing, not receiving/sending calls/texts until I power down and back up). I have read several vague articles about the rumored patch for these problems to come sometime from Nov to even Jan. My brother and dad both got the bionic, and my mom recently got the iphone 4. As much as it pains me to say this, I feel as if I would have been better off getting the iphone. Someone please convince me otherwise!

Also, i have an ipod touch where i mainly just store my music to play through my Alpine CDA 105 deck in my car through the USB connection. I recently put my music on my bionic and was attempting to play music from my phone through the car stereo but i received a DEVICE ERROR message. Idk if i should ask this question here or elsewhere but i figured this was a good place to start.

I look forward to learning more and being able to fully utilize my new bionic!