New DOCK! For Incredible as well as most Smartphones!

cuskit

Reaction score
MIKRADLE would like to formally announce a new Series of MIKRADLE to accompany their existing Classic Series. Appropriately named the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series, it will be available in all the same colors as the original Classic Series, with the new addition of Solid White.

Initially planned for the Incredible, the EVOLUTION Series will be designed to accommodate most smartphones rather than just a specific model such as the Incredible. Similar in appearance to our Classic Series, it is modified slightly to encompass different charging port locations, as well as the sides of the MIKRADLE being more flush with the backrest to facilitate a more varied selection of audio cable ports. This is similar to the "clip" version I posted about a few weeks ago.

It will also exclude the use of a magnet as the Incredible does not appear to have the magnetically induced Multimedia mode that the Moto Droid enjoys (I'll reserve this statement to possible change as I have not yet been able to verify this fact). No speaker hole is necessary either, as the Incredible has a recessed area where the speaker is located which allows for plenty of volume (booming according to phoneArena.com)!

Additionally, it will also include a Black Felt Backing (as introduced to our Black Classic Series two weeks ago) on all models, whereas the Classic Series only includes it on the Black model (though I have been supplying Black Felt to owners of the wood toned models as per individual requests).

The price will be the same as the Classic Series (List $32.99, Registered Forum Members discount at $27.99, or $30.99 with a 6' MicroUSB cable) and as usual, Free Shipping! Orders are being taken by simply sending a PayPal payment to [email protected] in the appropriate amount along with an address and note stipulating the EVOLUTION Series with desired color (black, white, walnut, mahogany, oak or cherry). Questions can be sent by email to [email protected], or simply posted here in this thread.

For now, that's all the information available, but I'll have more over the weekend as well as photos by Monday or Tuesday next week. The official planned release of the EVOLUTION Series is Friday, April 30th, with all orders shipping out beginning a week later on Friday, May 7th.

So, there you have it - the introduction of the upcoming MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series, a subtle but distinguished change from our original Classic Series (which will still be offered for all owners of the original Motorola Droid and Milestone). Stay tuned! :) mikey

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Wow! I'm blown away with all the threads running rampant on the new Incredible! Good for me as the orders are stacking up! ;)

But, they also are leaving me hanging on the fence as to whether I should move my Droid over to my wife (who just uses the phone as a phone..) and use her upgrade for the Incredible for myself. I don't use the sliding keyboard, so...

Oh well, my wishy washy will just have to hang in there for a bit longer. Meanwhile, just to update - my photos will be up Tuesday here (as well as my Supporting Vendor thread on the EVOLUTION Series. Thanks to all those mailing in with such anticipation! :) Mikey

MJ5150

Reaction score
I bought an Incredible last night. I need a stand.

How dare you post a thread and no pictures.... :D

-Mike

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
I bought an Incredible last night. I need a stand.

How dare you post a thread and no pictures.... :D

-Mike

Yikes! I've now got 27 "pre-orders" and not a single photo pasted.. Oh jeez.. But if you read - there is only a "subtle" difference from the Classic Series that has sold so well to date..

But guess what? Every MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series order in by Tuesday (when photos will be posted, if not sooner) is guaranteed shipping by next Saturday at the very latest! And I've been around here for a bit... ;) And I did not ask for even one of those orders - they are being sent in by trusting members who I would assume are aware of the MIKRADLE reputation.

But you are trying to raze me, right? :icon_ banana::icon_ banana: I luv it! :) mikey

MJ5150

Reaction score
But you are trying to raze me, right?

You know it. I'll go place my order now.

I totally trust you to send the money sight unseen. Heck, I was willing to send you $75 upfront for an as yet designed CF MIKRADLE. This is peanuts...$30....

-Mike

MJ5150

Reaction score
Mikey....I chose the wrong color on my order I just placed. Instead of black, I need to have it in cherry.

Should I e-mail the request, or is this post sufficient to be sure it is changed?

-Mike

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Mikey....I chose the wrong color on my order I just placed. Instead of black, I need to have it in cherry.

Should I e-mail the request, or is this post sufficient to be sure it is changed?

-Mike
Hmmm. Nope! In fact, this is now an automatic cancel! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Just messin' wif ya! :) Sure, one Cherry MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series coming up. And I was just thinking of changing this lineup to only black or white... ;) mikey

Edit: You have e-mail confirmation of your order.

claustin

Reaction score
Man, somebody's been drinking the Haterade. A built in cable would affect the "universal" approach to these things. It would have to have a fixed point for each individual phone. Now the design is personally not my taste, but a LOT of people love these things, so if you don't like it, a) make your own or b) move along. It's obviously not for you but you don't have any reason to belittle the man's product. These are all HAND made. I think 24.99 is a pretty decent price. I got the Moto media dock for my Droid and barely use it due to the case issue so I can see why this would be an attractive product. Kudos cuskit. I appreciate your ambition and ingenuity.

Sparty83

Reaction score

-Mike
Hmmm. Nope! In fact, this is now an automatic cancel! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Just messin' wif ya! :) Sure, one Cherry MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series coming up. And I was just thinking of changing this lineup to only black or white... ;) mikey

Edit: You have e-mail confirmation of your order.

I hope you're not thinking of going to just black or white!!! Please say you're just joking on that :icon_ banana: Seriously, I love the walnut one you sent me and I just shudder to think there might only be black or white ones now.

Oh yea, loved the photos you posted last week of your shop. Pretty impressive stuff. And I loved the grill too!!! Keep up the great work!! :motdroidhoriz:

Sparty83

Reaction score
Man, somebody's been drinking the Haterade. A built in cable would affect the "universal" approach to these things. It would have to have a fixed point for each individual phone. Now the design is personally not my taste, but a LOT of people love these things, so if you don't like it, a) make your own or b) move along. It's obviously not for you but you don't have any reason to belittle the man's product. These are all HAND made. I think 24.99 is a pretty decent price. I got the Moto media dock for my Droid and barely use it due to the case issue so I can see why this would be an attractive product. Kudos cuskit. I appreciate your ambition and ingenuity.

I'm with you Claustin. Having done woodworking for about 25 years now I can tell you that it would take me considerably more than $25 worth of my time to design and build this thing. Having spent some time really looking at the design and build of it the workmanship on it is really quite nice. I was only too happy to pay the $25 for it so I wouldn't have to go out and try and build something like that myself. My hat is off to Mikey for doing this. It's been a great service to a lot of us and if he makes some money off of it then that's fine by me. :motdroidhoriz:

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
claustin, I thank you for that very astute observation, and genuinely appreciate your support and endorsement. You, my friend, are a gentleman of true and magnanimous character!

Sparty83,
Yes, I was just jesting with MJ! There's no way I could eliminate the beautiful wood grains such as your walnut, the cherry, oak and mahogany! Truthfully, I'd probably get board (purposeful misspell) if I just worked with B&W! :) Thanks for the compliment on the shop photos! I'm quite proud of those! And the grill pix, well, those speak for themselves! This weekend will see some baby backs in the smoker, finished off on the grill with some sweet glaze! Umm, can't wait!

And your loyalty and support is also much appreciated! Most do realize there is much more to just a buck's worth of work in these! Heck - the boxes I ship in cost me that buck! :) mikey

Sparty83

Reaction score
claustin, I thank you for that very astute observation, and genuinely appreciate your support and endorsement. You, my friend, are a gentleman of true and magnanimous character!

Sparty83,
Yes, I was just jesting with MJ! There's no way I could eliminate the beautiful wood grains such as your walnut, the cherry, oak and mahogany! Truthfully, I'd probably get board (purposeful misspell) if I just worked with B&W! :) Thanks for the compliment on the shop photos! I'm quite proud of those! And the grill pix, well, those speak for themselves! This weekend will see some baby backs in the smoker, finished off on the grill with some sweet glaze! Umm, can't wait!

And your loyalty and support is also much appreciated! Most do realize there is much more to just a buck's worth of work in these! Heck - the boxes I ship in cost me that buck! :) mikey

What time is eating time?? Those ribs sound delicious - just the way I like 'em. :motdroidhoriz:

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score

Sparty83,

What time is eating time?? Those ribs sound delicious - just the way I like 'em. :motdroidhoriz:

Perhaps this can tease your palette?
Ribs.jpg
Ribs2.jpg