New CBS App Helps You To Cut The Cord…Sort Of

AndroidDissected

Authorized Affiliate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.androiddissected.com
CBS-interactive-4-FILEminimizer.png

The thing that most drives me crazy about the difference between mobile operating systems and desktop operating systems is the limitations that companies seem to make on what you watch because you’re “on a mobile device.” I don’t know about most people, but my Nexus 10 long ago replaced my laptop for when I go to some place where I would like to browse the internet or watch videos but won’t need to type anything (I’ll actually be covering that issue soon). Because I prefer not to carry a heavy laptop vs. carry my relatively light tablet, I’ve long since been punished because Chrome on mobile doesn’t support Adobe Flash and for some reason CBS, NBC, ABC, and the like still use flash! Even if I do manage to find an HTML5 version, it seems that the programmer made it unavailable to mobile browsers! I’m sure that a lot of you, like me, know the workarounds, but they are often very skittish at best.

(Continue Reading @ Android Dissected)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use my Dish Anywhere app. No browser needed, no plug ins needed, only a data connection needed to watch my entire lineup of available live or recorded television. Direct tv has a great one also.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode (Notetoo)

Batman8

Reaction score
I've found that the absolute BEST solution to this problem was buying my Slingplayer box ($200), which was a little pricey but now I get EVERY single channel on the go that I would get if at home on my couch...no restrictions, no flash needed, etc.

Big Ry

Reaction score
It's annoying how flash was discontinued, yet tons of websites still use it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've found that the absolute BEST solution to this problem was buying my Slingplayer box ($200), which was a little pricey but now I get EVERY single channel on the go that I would get if at home on my couch...no restrictions, no flash needed, etc.

Bonus for getting your DVR content on the go, but I don't feel you should have to pay for yet another device to get services you are already paying for. That said, Slingbox was way ahead of what other were doing at the time and offered what mobile apps from cable providers are just now beginning to offer, and it is able to do so in a much more convenient way. As of now you need separate apps for almost every channel and you still have a very limited selection.