New Bionic Update Soon?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by IanG, Feb 5, 2012.

1. IanG

IanG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just got an e-mail asking me to fill out a survey if I wanted to test a new software push for the Bionic. The e-mail said:

And the survey was very "Hey, we're going to be testing some new software very soon, return your phone to stock so we can do it"-esque.

2. dpw2atox

dpw2atox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea that email seems to be going out to all the feedback network members. Now the question is what will the update version be and when will it be pushed?

3. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    And if those with .901 will have to go back in order to get this.

4. jhom

jhom Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yep. I got an email inviting me to participate in the soak test. If all goes well, I think we will have the next update real soon.

5. bjjud

bjjud Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet! Then we can have a couple-dozen threads about how to root, or KEEP root, on the new update;)

6. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +170
    I love where you posted the part that says: "Do not post any details or information about this on any public sites".

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

7. IanG

IanG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I like the part where I didn't actually post any details.

8. stevo69

stevo69 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    except you left the hyperlink in the copied text from the email so it still send you to the enrollment survey, though at this point the enrollment period is closed

9. bbtkd

bbtkd Member

Ratings:
    +24
    ...I love the part where you dredge up a long dead issue by posting a totally pointless response. As your first posting, it would have been more appropriate to add to a current and pointed discussion....

10. xXJakeXx

xXJakeXx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Rofl :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

11. stevo69

stevo69 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    True except you didnt post an update version so it could be current or former update so topic is still valid. I'm hoping the next update they finally fix the suspend/battery issue as it affects my wifes bionic as well as my new razr maxx really hoping they don't hold off until ICS, but that looks to be the case.

12. welsalex

welsalex Member

Ratings:
    +11
    This old news pertaining to 902 being released? Why has this thread been bumped?

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums

13. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Well, to possibly keep it interesting, this is a post of mine copy/pasted from another thread. This was about a week ago...

"Didn't know where else to really put this, didn't want to start a thread, but I just got off the phone with Verizon. Unfortunately my Bionic experience has all but died since the .902 update and I will most likely be getting a Rezound. I have one more replacement I'll try out tomorrow. However I was talking with the guy while we did an obligatory factory data reset (even though I told him I just did one), and we started talking about updates. He was a really knowledgeable guy, who was INFINITELY more in touch with the smart phone world than any CS or tech support or sales rep has EVER been. He sort of discreetly threw out that there should be another update coming after .902. Didn't say who/what/when/where/or why, and the only reason I'm mentioning it was because he really seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Was clear he wasn't reading some script while we talked about the nature of 4G and he gave me a history lesson on the Atrix and the Bionic etc etc. Not that it really affects me at this point, but I thought some of you might like to know...

Has any rep ever been right? Not to my knowledge. But I honestly have not met a rep as knowledgeable as this guy was. Do with this what you will. "

14. zirkdog

zirkdog Member

Ratings:
    +3
    So a random rep who seemed like he knew what he talking about alluded to a possible update? Sounds legit to me.

ETA: If you want to discuss new updates than this really should be a new thread not a resurrection of an old .902 thread.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  15. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +33
    I don't think ETA works in this situation. And I didn't bump the thread, but I didn't want to make a new thread for what's probably BS, so I actually thought this the perfect place to put it.

But, like I said, this guy was unlike any rep I've ever talked to. However, also like I have said many, many, many times before, no VZ tech person has ever been right. Then again most of them also had no clue what the difference was between an operating system and a firmware software version.