Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

[video=youtube;qzZxGJbQGZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzZxGJbQGZo&NR=1[/video]

Why they didn't release this first I don't know...

Last edited:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
This commercial is several weeks old. Sorry, not news. I agree though, this should have been the first commercial. It actually shows something useful about the phone, but still could be so much more. I really hate to say it but Apple is king when it comes to advertising and marketing their phones. I guess that's the difference between carrier (Verizon, etc) advertisements and company (Apple) advertisements.

Carriers tend to advertise their network and graze over new features rather than really display what the device can do. Apple on the other hand, advertises very specific real world examples that resonate with people and leave an impression. That's why one single phone is able to compete with an entire fleet of Androids. If Google would take the reigns on the next Nexus advertising and market the phone in a similar way, I think it would open a lot of eyes. The majority of people (not us here) don't fully understand how powerful Android devices are and that in many cases put the iPhone to shame.

Google should advertise the next Nexus vs. iP5 head to head. Show how Nexus is capable of everything the iphone can do and then so much more (customization, etc.). A strong showing of the Nexus would help Android overall as well as all future devices. Could also help advertising going forward as well.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You bring up some good points, sorry this is the first I saw it, maybe it's geographically released, but anyways, I think they would have personified better what the phone did if they released that first instead of some lady with a sword.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
You bring up some good points, sorry this is the first I saw it, maybe it's geographically released, but anyways, I think they would have personified better what the phone did if they released that first instead of some lady with a sword.

I thought the lady with the sword was suppose to act as a teaser to the phone. I think after the phone is released, then they should show what it can do, not before.

nikecar

Reaction score
The only way the lady would have been good was if her damned eye glowed, to show she's Bionic and kicks ass.

This is a promo piece and at 1:41, would never stand up to being a commercial.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Wait.
Lemme get this straight...
They actually released a commercial where they included the stats and capabilities of a Droid branded phone?
They didn't just show a random-jumbled-hot-mess faux sci-fi action sequence and say "Drooooid!" at the end?

Whaaaat? Are they trying to sell phones or something? Glad to see they're conveying information.

The only knock I have is that instead of .4 "wide" it should say .4 "THICK"

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
My guess is that the previous commercials were more like teasers similar to what moto did with the OG Droid 1 commercials. The marketing people have to create hype. All I know is that it's working because I'm becoming increasingly more interested in the Bionic. Hopefully DF will offer more Bionics as prizes in their giveaways and I'll be able to win one because there is no other way I can get my hands on a new phone.

Willyammer

Reaction score
I went into a Verizon store and played with a Bio

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Willyammer

Reaction score
I went into a Verizon store and played with a Bio

As I was trying to say... I held a Bionic today and was impressed. My next will be either it or next Nexus. If my OG holds out that long.