New $15 Blurex Case for the Nexus 7 Better & Cheaper Than the Official Google Version

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
blurex-nexus-front.jpeg
blurex-nexus-side.jpeg

Leave it to a third party company to create a case product for the Nexus 7 that is better and cheaper than the official Google version. A company called Blurex released their new Ultra-Slim Case for Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet, and not only is it more useful, functional and feature-rich than the official Google version found on the Play Store, it also is $5 bucks cheaper. The Blurex case is made of a faux leather and microfiber, and includes a couple of features that the Google one is lacking. For one, it can function as a multi-angle stand with two different slots for the tablet. Also, it includes a magnet to sleep or awaken your tablet when closing or opening.

We haven't actually had a chance to get our hands on this yet, but from the way it appears, it could be a real winner. Strangely, we couldn't find the case on the company's official website, but it is available on Amazon. Here's a link below to Amazon if you would like to grab one for yourself.

Source: NexusTablets.net via Amazon - Blurex Google Nexus 7 Case

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I had an identical Blurex case for the HTC Evo View 4G (minus the magnet to wake the screen and plus a loop to hold the HTC Scribe pen). It was definitely a great case for those who like a slim, professional look, and I'm sure the Nexus 7 version will follow suit.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had an identical Blurex case for the HTC Evo View 4G (minus the magnet to wake the screen and plus a loop to hold the HTC Scribe pen). It was definitely a great case for those who like a slim, professional look, and I'm sure the Nexus 7 version will follow suit.

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback bsweetness!

stealthychief

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Love this case. Protects my N7 really well and the viewing angles it provides are perfect for watching videos. Highly recommended!