Handy Comparison Chart of New Nexus 7 vs Kindle Fire and Acer Iconia A110

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-7-comparison-chart.png

Our friends over at Phandroid put together a handy little comparison chart for the new Google Nexus 7 from Asus next to the Amazon Kindle Fire and the unreleased Acer Iconia A110 tablet. Besides the fact that the new tab will come with Android 4.1/Jelly Bean and has a quad-core chip, there are some other interesting things worth comparing. As you can see from the chart, the Nexus 7 tablet comes out on top in most things, especially when compared to the Kindle Fire. There are a few features that the Acer Iconia Tab A110 has over the new Google tablet, like a microSD card slot, a bigger camera, and a microHDMI.

As of yet, there is no official price for the Acer tablet, but most of the rumors suggest it will sell for around $249.99. Overall, it seems like Acer had the same idea that Google did after seeing the success of the Amazon Kindle Fire, and that was to attack the tablet market at new and cheaper angle. Google's new tablet will be a great success even if it simply leads by example. It will be interesting to see how far things go from here.

Source: NexusTablets.net via Phandroid

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Something tells me Acer might want to consider making it $199. Especially after the pricing of the NEXUS 7.

Personally, the ACER tablet (if $199) would be my choice. I like the MicroSD and MicroHDMI port.

nikecar

Reaction score
Acer needs to hurry up and push this out or give a better timetable than Q3.

i'm looking to get one asap, and have been hemming and hawing over pulling the Nexus trigger.

jayman350

Reaction score
Something tells me Acer might want to consider making it $199. Especially after the pricing of the NEXUS 7.

Personally, the ACER tablet (if $199) would be my choice. I like the MicroSD and MicroHDMI port.

yeah the lack of those two items is why I haven't jumped all over this. I don't mind hanging onto the kf for a little while longer, especially to see what the next iteration of it will bring.

I seem to always be running out of space on my devices, just upgraded to a 64gb micro SD for my Bionic. Now I have an extra 32gb card that I don't have a home for, it would be awesome if I could have added that to the KF and it probably would have made it so I'm not even considering replacing the KF.