Netflix won't open on new Razr Maxx

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
Just got my new phone in, playing around with a few things, when I try to access the Netflix icon, it goes to whatever the market is called now and I have the standard "Open" button, along with an "Update" button.

If I chose "Open", the screen recycles and ends up back at the market screen, when I hit "update" I get the screen that says "Accept & Download" and when I press that, an error box comes up and says:

"Error - Your order is processing, your item will be available in a few minutes" with an "ok" button.

Everything else works okay and updates fine, just having this strange issue with netflix, I didn't see anything when I searched.

(why do they install so much crap from the factory, ugh)

DocsDad

Reaction score
Just got my new phone in, playing around with a few things, when I try to access the Netflix icon, it goes to whatever the market is called now and I have the standard "Open" button, along with an "Update" button.

If I chose "Open", the screen recycles and ends up back at the market screen, when I hit "update" I get the screen that says "Accept & Download" and when I press that, an error box comes up and says:

"Error - Your order is processing, your item will be available in a few minutes" with an "ok" button.

Everything else works okay and updates fine, just having this strange issue with netflix, I didn't see anything when I searched.

Can you clear data? Uninstall and re-install updates? Create a new shortcut? Just checked and my app is working good.

Last edited:
OP
blinden

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
There is no data to clear, nor cache or defaults. It doesn't work when I launch it from the apps menu, or if I create a shortcut for it. I've tried rebooting the phone as well, it's really strange.

DocsDad

Reaction score
There is no data to clear, nor cache or defaults. It doesn't work when I launch it from the apps menu, or if I create a shortcut for it. I've tried rebooting the phone as well, it's really strange.

OK.... shout REALLY REALLY LOUD and someone should be along shortly. I am stumped with ya. :blink:

Sorry

OP
blinden

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
yeah, hopefully I can figure out something soon. I don't really have a chance to go into a verizon store, maybe next week.

SallyC

Reaction score

Have you tried starting your phone in Safe Mode and seeing if you can do any of these things?

SallyC

Reaction score
I must learn this "safe mode". I suppose I should feel lucky that I have not needed it though. Flawless so far.

I don't want to need it either, lol! I'm content to have it bookmarked. :)

MichelleLynnxo

Reaction score
I'm having this same problem. I tried the safe mode solution, but it still didn't work. Any other suggestions?

drinksprite

Reaction score
i'm having the same exact issue and the safe mode thing didn't work for me either

MichelleLynnxo

Reaction score
I solved the issue. I went to Google Play on my computer, found the Netflix app, and pressed install. For some reason, this worked.

kengell

Reaction score
Thanks Michelle, I had the same problem and your solution worked. My phone was also in safemode at the same time that I went to the google play store on my computer and selected install. I don't know if that made any difference but it's something to try it all else fails.