Netflix on Droid X

PorterFNU

Reaction score
I just downloaded Netflix to my Droid X and it seems to be working great. Except for the fact that I'm going blind watching the small screen. I tried using a Mini USB/USB cable through a USB port on the computer and directly into the monitor. Neither worked for me, but I will readily admit to not being a tech wiz. Any suggestions on how to get it to work through my computer monitor?
Thanks

kevinkar

Reaction score
Unless your PC has an HDMI input on the video card (or some other method) then I don't think this is possible (though there may be a way to display the phone's screen via the Android developers' kit somehow).

You'd have to use the phone to HDMI cable anyway for this which, if you have it and an HDTV, you'd probably play the video on that!

OP
P

PorterFNU

Reaction score
Thanks. If that's the case, I may as well dump Netflix. Or get a real big magnifier.

Reaction score
You can buy an HDMI->DVI converter. They cost a few bucks on Monoprice.com. Then you can download an app called Xternal Display on the market. Then you can go to town watching all the Netflixsisiz your little heart can handle.

EDIT:

One of these:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10419&cs_id=1041902&p_id=2081&seq=1&format=2

And if you don't have the HDMI cable for your phone yet:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10253&cs_id=1025301&p_id=6974&seq=1&format=2

$6.63 plus shipping.

EDIT #2:
I wouldn't do this unless you know your monitor supports scaling (most HDTVs do but I'm not sure about PC screens.) You might look up the manual or contact the manufacturer for that information. If your monitor doesn't support scaling, you'll get a pretty 854x480 display, pixel for pixel, right in the middle of your screen and the rest of the pixels will just be black (doesn't come anywhere near filling most modern PC screens.) Happy hunting!