Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
The APK for one of the most lusted-after Android apps, Netflix, was leaked on to the Internet today. However, whether you can actually do anything with it is another question altogether (the answer to which is not entirely clear yet).

From a member of Android Police:

I was able to install the app on my EVO, and everything looked good up until the point where I actually wanted to watch a movie – and then… nothing. Most users have reported similar results, though at least one user claimed that it is fully functional, with a tweet "works on fascinate" (of course, anyone can say that on Twitter, so take it as you wish).
You can check out the app yourself here and see some screenshots below. Be sure to let us know if you can get some content to actually stream!

Source: Android Police

samiusmc

Reaction score
Everything works on my OG Droid except for the streaming. It doesn't seem to be a device limitation since the message displayed is:

"Sorry we could not reach the Netflix Service. Please try again later."

samiusmc

Reaction score
Just checked Netflix support. Here's what's listed under activated devices:

Android Mobile (Obsolete).

Apparently, the .apk is obsolete.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Just noticed, it's only showing my instant cue and not the DVD cue.

bruzer75

Reaction score
Yeah, I installed it also. Shows all my queue and search functions, but no streaming...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

lucey

Reaction score
Once I click play it will load for a couple seconds as if its about to play ny selection then it will just return itself to the homescreen of the app

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

o0HERO0o

Reaction score
i can't get it to install on the fascinate. any suggestions? it says "there was an error parsing the package".

JustisLewis

Reaction score
i can't get it to install on the fascinate. any suggestions? it says "there was an error parsing the package".

Sounds like you got a bad download, try downloading the file to a computer and pushing it to your phone

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mpatron

Reaction score
I got mine to download and only part doesn't work is the streaming, the closest I got was a short clip of family Guy and then phone rebooted like 2 min into the clip ughh... they need to fix this asap!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got mine to download and only part doesn't work is the streaming, the closest I got was a short clip of family Guy and then phone rebooted like 2 min into the clip ughh... they need to fix this asap!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
Remember, this was a leaked .apk not an official release. In other words, you're not even supposed to have what you do.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Kicks me back to Home screen if I try to log in....

dewayne1025

Reaction score
Let's me log in but as soon as I try to play it sticks in loading then forecloses

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App