NES Emulator on Moto Droid

Reaction score
I just installed the NES Simulator on the Motorola Droid, and I also got Super Mario Bros 3 and Donkey Kong Classic on it. I am having troubles playing the two games, as in i can not figure out the jump buttons and exactly how to use the dpad on the slide out keyboard to play the two games. Does anyone have these combinations of emulator and games, and also know a solution to my problems so i don't have to get a refund! I LOVE MARIO AND WANT TO KEEP IT!!!!

kprimo5

Reaction score
if its anything like the snesoid just hit the menu button after you open the rom and go to settings there you can adjust everything

solar

Reaction score
I would recommend NESoid, I use SNESoid and it works wonderfully.

I second that. Don't fiddle with the other emulators, just buy "oid" emulators. Its worth the couple bucks and you won't have any problems. It'll even let you flip the screen so the dpad can be on the left like a standard controller.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Anyone else notice the OPs name makes his name / avatar / info box twice as long as everyone elses?

OP
G
Reaction score
well see i've done messed with all the settings, and it just won't let me do any jumping or anything like your have to do in mario. I've gone through and hit every single key imaginable on the keyboard, and even tapped the screen a hundred times and nothing. I just unistalled and got my refund for it all. Thanks for all the advice though :)

Reaction score
I just installed the NES Simulator on the Motorola Droid, and I also got Super Mario Bros 3 and Donkey Kong Classic on it. I am having troubles playing the two games, as in i can not figure out the jump buttons and exactly how to use the dpad on the slide out keyboard to play the two games. Does anyone have these combinations of emulator and games, and also know a solution to my problems so i don't have to get a refund! I LOVE MARIO AND WANT TO KEEP IT!!!!

try snesoid. it's really good. I have gameboid and the controls are very customizable .. there's even on screen controls

stdesign

Reaction score
I've never owned a NES, so if I tried this, would I have to somehow find the game "roms" in order to play them? If so, how do I do that? I've always wanted to try this, so I was just wondering.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just installed the NES Simulator on the Motorola Droid, and I also got Super Mario Bros 3 and Donkey Kong Classic on it. I am having troubles playing the two games, as in i can not figure out the jump buttons and exactly how to use the dpad on the slide out keyboard to play the two games.
IIRC the NES only had 2 buttons. They'd be whatever you mapped the buttons to in the settings for NESoid.

A possibility might be that your ROM's aren't any good but you don't mention what your key mappings are so I suspect it's a user issue.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Can you only use the emulators on rooted phones? I downloaded the genesis one, have no idea how to work it..

solar

Reaction score

Can you only use the emulators on rooted phones? I downloaded the genesis one, have no idea how to work it..

Video game emulators can be run on a rooted or non-rooted phone, It makes no difference beause the software runs the game ROMS. If you are talking about ROMs for loading up modified version of the android OS, that is something else all together in which case the phone does need to be rooted.

solar

Reaction score
I've never owned a NES, so if I tried this, would I have to somehow find the game "roms" in order to play them? If so, how do I do that? I've always wanted to try this, so I was just wondering.

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post web links to other places here. If I am, someone let me know! But if you go to google and type "free roms" you will hit a website with a very similar name. you thn browse to the game you want, save the file, copy them to a directory on your phone, then when you launch Snesoid or another one emulator, you just browse to the directory you saved it in. There is a really detailed post somewhere on this site on how to do everything, I just can't remember where it is. But if you search the website i'm sure you can find it. If not, jsut ask and i'll giv you more details.