1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

NES Emulator on Moto Droid

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Gagemeister894, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Gagemeister894

Gagemeister894 New Member

I just installed the NES Simulator on the Motorola Droid, and I also got Super Mario Bros 3 and Donkey Kong Classic on it. I am having troubles playing the two games, as in i can not figure out the jump buttons and exactly how to use the dpad on the slide out keyboard to play the two games. Does anyone have these combinations of emulator and games, and also know a solution to my problems so i don't have to get a refund! I LOVE MARIO AND WANT TO KEEP IT!!!!
  2. kprimo5

kprimo5 New Member

if its anything like the snesoid just hit the menu button after you open the rom and go to settings there you can adjust everything
  3. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

I have every NES, SNES and Genesis game ever made on my Droid.
  4. kristoff125

kristoff125 New Member

I would recommend NESoid, I use SNESoid and it works wonderfully.
  5. solar

solar New Member

I second that. Don't fiddle with the other emulators, just buy "oid" emulators. Its worth the couple bucks and you won't have any problems. It'll even let you flip the screen so the dpad can be on the left like a standard controller.
  6. kristoff125

kristoff125 New Member

Anyone else notice the OPs name makes his name / avatar / info box twice as long as everyone elses?
  7. Gagemeister894

Gagemeister894 New Member

well see i've done messed with all the settings, and it just won't let me do any jumping or anything like your have to do in mario. I've gone through and hit every single key imaginable on the keyboard, and even tapped the screen a hundred times and nothing. I just unistalled and got my refund for it all. Thanks for all the advice though :)
  8. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

9. joshnichols189

joshnichols189 New Member

try snesoid. it's really good. I have gameboid and the controls are very customizable .. there's even on screen controls
  10. stdesign

stdesign New Member

I've never owned a NES, so if I tried this, would I have to somehow find the game "roms" in order to play them? If so, how do I do that? I've always wanted to try this, so I was just wondering.
  11. takeshi

takeshi New Member

IIRC the NES only had 2 buttons. They'd be whatever you mapped the buttons to in the settings for NESoid.

A possibility might be that your ROM's aren't any good but you don't mention what your key mappings are so I suspect it's a user issue.
  12. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Can you only use the emulators on rooted phones? I downloaded the genesis one, have no idea how to work it..
  13. solar

solar New Member

Video game emulators can be run on a rooted or non-rooted phone, It makes no difference beause the software runs the game ROMS. If you are talking about ROMs for loading up modified version of the android OS, that is something else all together in which case the phone does need to be rooted.
  14. solar

solar New Member

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post web links to other places here. If I am, someone let me know! But if you go to google and type "free roms" you will hit a website with a very similar name. you thn browse to the game you want, save the file, copy them to a directory on your phone, then when you launch Snesoid or another one emulator, you just browse to the directory you saved it in. There is a really detailed post somewhere on this site on how to do everything, I just can't remember where it is. But if you search the website i'm sure you can find it. If not, jsut ask and i'll giv you more details.
Search tags for this page

best nes emulator for droid

how do i get super mario bros 3 on my droid razr
nes droid emulator
nes emulator motorola blur