Need Rooting Advice

Timdotthomas

Reaction score
I rooted and installed a custom ROM on my Fascinate using odin. I cant remember which ROM I used (I do know that it was not one of the Superclean ones), but I am experiencing some major glitching. IT frequently locks up on me to the point where I have to pull the battery and restart. I am using Launcher Pro and a live wallpaper. Any suggestions for better performance. Should I flash a new ROM?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Flash sc2.9.2 and see if that helps.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

OP
T

Timdotthomas

Reaction score
Cool. Where can I find it? Can you send me a link?

OP
T

Timdotthomas

Reaction score
Thanks...
(1) now what is the difference between voodoo and non voodoo
(2) as a refresher, since everything is still on my desktop, do I just take out the battery, hold power button and down on the volume rocker until I see "download", connect phone to pc, start odin, add rom, and flash?

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Thanks...
(2) as a refresher, since everything is still on my desktop, do I just take out the battery, hold power button and down on the volume rocker until I see "download", connect phone to pc, start odin, add rom, and flash?

Read this

Voodoo changes the file system from RFS to EXT4 which makes it a little faster. The new voodoo kernels have enhanced sound and color. Project Voodoo, Galaxy S improvements | Open Source project homepage

fordee11

Reaction score
Thanks...

those links arent odin links...

you need to use clockwork

read post number two of this forum, and then do the steps .. its really easy if you follow it step by step.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate/132069-flashing-clockwork.html