Need help

gxyS3_918

Reaction score
So I just got my update to jelly bean 4.1.2, at the time I got the update I had my clock on my phone set ahead a few hours, loophole in a game I play, but that's beside the point. So I accept the update, it finishes and I set my clock back to the actual time, I get prompted again that there is an update for the Android version and I accept it again and let it do its thing, so I Google what new features are in the update and I don't have any of them. No screen rotation on home screen, no gallery update, nothing. So I'm starting to wonder if doing the update twice somehow canceled it out or interfered with it somehow. Or do the features take time to take effect? I I've already tried a hard and soft reset. And tried to manually update firmware, also I went to settings and about device to see what it said my software version is and it says 4.1.2 anyways I'm just not sure what to do. What are my options? I'm on a galaxy s3 with sprint SPH L710 model number, any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:

steeletown

Reaction score
Most of those updates are in the premium suite, and who knows when that will be released. I flashed the 4.1.2 leak on Verizon and the only thing that changed were some camera options, like best face and low light.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I just got my update to jelly bean 4.1.2, at the time I got the update I had my clock on my phone set ahead a few hours, loophole in a game I play, but that's beside the point. So I accept the update, it finishes and I set my clock back to the actual time, I get prompted again that there is an update for the Android version and I accept it again and let it do its thing, so I Google what new features are in the update and I don't have any of them. No screen rotation on home screen, no gallery update, nothing. So I'm starting to wonder if doing the update twice somehow canceled it out or interfered with it somehow. Or do the features take time to take effect? I I've already tried a hard and soft reset. And tried to manually update firmware, also I went to settings and about device to see what it said my software version is and it says 4.1.2 anyways I'm just not sure what to do. What are my options? I'm on a galaxy s3 with sprint SPH L710 model number, any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Looks like your Sprint version did not get all the Premium stuff in the international version: Sprint Community: 2/27 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPBMB1

OP
G

gxyS3_918

Reaction score
Hmm maybe you guys are right, I guess I just jumped to conclusions because I got the notification twice, and just thought it was weird I didn't get all the stuff I thought I was supposed to.