1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Foxfi tether Verizon

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by SamsungQQ11, Apr 22, 2013.

1. SamsungQQ11

SamsungQQ11 New Member

I have full version Foxfi on my Samsung Galaxy Verizon. I do have unlimited plan so I do use about on average 10-20 GBs a month tethering. My question is... i noticed the difference from Ice Cream Sandwich and now Jelly bean 4.1.2 using FoxFi. With Jelly Bean it now enables Verizon tethering Hotspot. Phone is not rooted. But i dont get charged. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Should I root?
  2. Ksupernor2

Ksupernor2 New Member

I noticed that also. I haven't been charged either.
  3. DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr Member

I just assume that it has always turned on the app when activating the hot-spot, and only now tells you that it is doing it. Cant imagine why the change was enacted, but I haven't heard of anyone being charged for it. Maybe just giving credit to the application that actually does the work.
  4. indywrenchin76

indywrenchin76 New Member

Same here. I have never been charged for my hotspot but the red hotspot icon is always on with foxfire and pdanet+. I use it a lot to stream Netflix on my computer and smart tv. . I've used 65 gigs this month already.

View attachment 62388
  5. DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr Member

Impressive. I was proud when i broke 20GB once, but I must bow down to the master.
  6. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache Super Moderator Premium Member

Actually, if you abuse it for too long VZW will eventually deal with it. If you are rooted then you can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googlecode.android.wifi.tether

So long as you are utilizing the VZW Wifi tether app, they can track your usage, and the difference in each. What they will often do it add a monthly tethering feature to your line. Its about $25/mo. Per their TOS that you agree to, its not optional, and you will end up paying it.
  7. indywrenchin76

indywrenchin76 New Member

Haha that's funny. Netflix and Hulu are we really watch. Uses a lot of gigs.
Search tags for this page
can verizon charge you for using foxfi
does foxfi charge on verizon
does verizon charge for foxfi
does verizon charge for using foxfi
foxfi and verizon
foxfi on verizon
foxfi tether verizon

foxfi verizon

foxfi verizon charges
foxfi verizon galaxy s3
how to use foxfi on verizon