Need help with sbf

Dfit18

Reaction score
so i am trying to use sbf to return my phone to stock but the process fails at 100% and when my phone turns on it is stuck in the bootloader screen. any help would be apprciated

clouse2013

Reaction score
so i am trying to use sbf to return my phone to stock but the process fails at 100% and when my phone turns on it is stuck in the bootloader screen. any help would be apprciated

After it gets to 100%, unplug and pull out the battery. Replace it, power up while holding the x button down, then when it gets to a screen with a triangle and a question mark in the middle hit the search button. then wipe data and cache and reboot. You should be good to go then.

haxerpaylay

Reaction score

After it gets to 100%, unplug and pull out the battery. Replace it, power up while holding the x button down, then when it gets to a screen with a triangle and a question mark in the middle hit the search button. then wipe data and cache and reboot. You should be good to go then.

What I was told was just to turn off phone, boot into bootloader and plug back in than it should say finished on rdslite.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Dfit18

Dfit18

Reaction score

i will try it again but i did that the last time and it just brought me to the bootloader screen.....

Last edited:
OP
Dfit18

Dfit18

Reaction score
any other suggestions, i tried both of the above methods with no luck :(

Dolfns99

Reaction score
So i have the sbf file, onmy comouter but i cant seem to extract it using winrar. Are there any suggestions on how to open it up so i can flash back to stock?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

slimpirudude

Reaction score
So i have the sbf file, onmy comouter but i cant seem to extract it using winrar. Are there any suggestions on how to open it up so i can flash back to stock?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I had to sbf a week or so ago. My first time. After downloading sbf from tbh (.330) I used winrar to extract the .sbf with no problems..try opening up the zipped file, drag the sbf file to desktop and let go. It should extract succesfully. If for some odd reason it doesn't, you'll get an error message. Please post that here so can provide further help.

Sent from my ANGELLIC DROID 2 GLOBAL

roezario

Reaction score
^ same thing happend to me with both the .rar and the .zip file. Winrar said they were both corrupt and windows did on the zip file as well.

Dolfns99

Reaction score
Well I tried to do as you have stated. I opened the zip file and dragged the sbf to desktop. I looked as is if it had extracted but try to have windows open it up, it said it needs to know what program to open with as it was a sbf file.

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Well I tried to do as you have stated. I opened the zip file and dragged the sbf to desktop. I looked as is if it had extracted but try to have windows open it up, it said it needs to know what program to open with as it was a sbf file.

Awesome. That means that succesfully extracted. Don't worry about trying to open it like that as you don't need to. Now get rsdlite 4.9 and click the dots, select sbf and the program will know what to do with it. There are threads with detailed instructions for all that. But it sounds like you have got it extracted fine now. Need anymore help just post it ill do what can.

Sent from my ANGELLIC DROID 2 GLOBAL

Dolfns99

Reaction score
Thanks, I guess im just still a new-be and didnt realize what the hell I was doing. I have to work in an hour so I will not SBF until tomarow. Im gonna research to make sure I do it the correct way. If I have problems I will repost here. Thanks for all the help. It is very much appreciated. I have another question as well, I have fennux Rom on D2G as of now, but I need to sbf to get the OTA update for phone. I like the speed of fenom Rom but I guess I am a big person on themes and I cant seem to do much with Launcher pro. Also for some reason it doesnt let me browes my applanet app anymore. Was thinking bout the angel rom any thoughts on this?

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Im having the same problem. I have rsd 4.9 and got the sbf from the link on this forum
Did everything like the instructions says, but it fails here:Failed flashing process
Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP pass through mode (0x70BE).

I've tried holding x while powering on but it still takes me to the bootloader screen saying:
Bootloader
D0.11

Code Corrupt

Battery Ok
Ok to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Last edited:
OP
Dfit18

Dfit18

Reaction score
hey guys i found this video very helpful in flashing my phone back to stock. if you have any questions ask them, i am pretty confident in using sbf's now.

[video=youtube;OYGM04QeYxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYGM04QeYxo]YouTube - ‪rsd (sbf) on windows 7 and droid 2 global(SDL AND RSD LITE ARE THE SAME PROGRAM BUT A DIFFERENT NAME‬‏[/video]

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Im having the same problem. I have rsd 4.9 and got the sbf from the link on this forum
Did everything like the instructions says, but it fails here:Failed flashing process
Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP pass through mode (0x70BE).

I've tried holding x while powering on but it still takes me to the bootloader screen saying:
Bootloader
D0.11

Code Corrupt

Battery Ok
Ok to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

ok .. along with having rsdlite 4.9 ... and the sbf from tbh ... do you have the latest motorola drivers? which you can get from the motorola site. Just covering all the bases here ... i believe that they are now 4.9 usb drives as well... I do have a copy of the 5.0 drivers.. dont ask how i got a hold of those cuz im really not sure .. they have seemed to work for me when i was sbfing my d2g all the time.
Also a trick you can use when sbf says rebooting system .. or someting like that .. as soon as you see that .. hit the down volume button and that should take you past all the having to go through unplugging from the computer .. pulling battery and such .. if you catch it right doing that eventually it will say pass and then youre good to go.