Help needed

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I really need your help. I had my global stuck on m logo...and tried flashing sbf and got two diff error messages each time. Now my battery is too low according to bootloader. Now it wont charge..and if could help me get it charged then please help me flash sbf and get it working asap!

Reaction score
You'll either need to hack apart a USB cable and tape it to your battery's contacts, or buy an external battery charger, or use someone else's working Droid/Droid2/Droid2Global to charge your battery. The phone won't charge in bootloader. Also, if you want help... Telling us what the error messages were would be a good starting point.

OP
slimpirudude

slimpirudude

Reaction score
More info

Thanks for the info.

I have tried this on 2 seperate computers and came up with 2 different error messages.

The first one was on my personal home computer and it was "failed to re-emu" something.(using RSD Lite 4.9)

The second error message I got was on a different computer and it said something about "verifiying subscriber information" (using RSD Lite 4.8)

Both computers are Windows XP and in RSD it shows on line 1 connected but not alot more.

None of the numerous times I tried to flash the SBF did I get to the point where you need to reboot it.

Since the battery is dead I am going to charge it in a friends droid Friday at work. I hope to get this fixed as soon as possible.
Thanks.

PS. Anyone who could post the correct verified files I could use that we know work correctly, as I am interested in every possible thing I could of missed.

Last edited:

sid_wisc

Reaction score
Best of luck!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info.

I have tried this on 2 seperate computers and came up with 2 different error messages.

The first one was on my personal home computer and it was "failed to re-emu" something.(using RSD Lite 4.9)

The second error message I got was on a different computer and it said something about "verifiying subscriber information" (using RSD Lite 4.8)

Both computers are Windows XP and in RSD it shows on line 1 connected but not alot more.

None of the numerous times I tried to flash the SBF did I get to the point where you need to reboot it.

Since the battery is dead I am going to charge it in a friends droid Friday at work. I hope to get this fixed as soon as possible.
Thanks.

PS. Anyone who could post the correct verified files I could use that we know work correctly, as I am interested in every possible thing I could of missed.

Xplorer4x4 has done a good job in bringing everything togather and i have used his SBF and it did work for me. I believe that he has also used it himself and it worked for me... Go here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-hacks/147264-official-2-4-330-d2g-sbf-tbh.html and check for yourself if anyone else has used it.
He has pretty much everything you need to do the SBF successfully. About the issues you had I believe that there is an issue with the RSD lite so may be a fres install of RSD (I always used 4.9) with the correct Moto drivers should work along with the SBF Xplorer has.. GOOD LUCK...

Wish you were located near Madison WI, I would have done the SBF for you....

Reaction score
Just for the record, you HAVE to use RSD Lite 4.9 with a D2G... the previous versions don't recognize our hardware. I have no idea on the failure to re-enumerate error. I just read on this forum that someone has released an automated SBF tool, as an app that you can run from your phone... Perhaps you could find that on the market and try it?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Telling us what the error messages were would be a good starting point.

Descriptive thread titles are always a plus to in my book :p

I just read on this forum that someone has released an automated SBF tool, as an app that you can run from your phone... Perhaps you could find that on the market and try it?

I dont think the auto sbf tool is on the market and I believe its only for the DX at this stage, or the D2, forget which. It does have plans to branch out to other phones though.