Need help with removing clockworkmod!?!?!?!?

douglasman100

Reaction score
okay so i was trying to get the new update but while rebooting clockworkmod comes up and then it gets ruined and doesnt update. so i tried to find out how to remove it and i found a good way, delete /system/bin/hijack and /system/bin/logwrapper
Then rename /system/bin/logwrapper.bin to /system/bin/logwrapper but when i try to delete them it says this file cannot be deleted so i thought i need to re-root but it is taking forever and not doing anything. someone please help i want gingerbread :( P.S. im not rooted right now.

Dfit18

Reaction score
If worst comes to worst you can always sbf to stock (froyo/gb) and then wait for the ota to show up.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

leobg

Reaction score
SBF and you will be OK. No need to bother with rerooting or anything

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

tgambitg

Reaction score
okay so i was trying to get the new update but while rebooting clockworkmod comes up and then it gets ruined and doesnt update. so i tried to find out how to remove it and i found a good way, delete /system/bin/hijack and /system/bin/logwrapper
Then rename /system/bin/logwrapper.bin to /system/bin/logwrapper but when i try to delete them it says this file cannot be deleted so i thought i need to re-root but it is taking forever and not doing anything. someone please help i want gingerbread :( P.S. im not rooted right now.

You need to be rooted to mess with any of the files in the /system partition
Easiest method, post rooting, is with root explorer, as it does the mounting of the system partition as read/write for you. if you're using a different file explorer, you may have to manually mount the system RW.
First, uninstall the Bootstrapper apk.

to mount the system read/write if you are going to use a different file manager:

open terminal emulator
at the $ prompt, type su then hit enter
you should get a # prompt.
then you need to type this exactly:

busybox mount -o rw,remount /system

then hit enter.
then open your file manager and then delete system/bin/hijack
then delete system/bin/logwrapper
then rename system/bin/logwrapper.bin to system/bin/logwrapper
then reboot.

OP
D

douglasman100

Reaction score
i got rid of it. it turns out somehow i was still rooted ever though i did factory reset once. but the update still isnt working for me it does everything and then just says update failed:mad:
:mad:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
If you're still on 2.4.330, just sbf and only clear your cache. Should be able to boot up and let you update. Just be sure to activate first (*228).

DanQ

Reaction score
okay im going to do that later but is that dangerous at all

Nah... I was scared the first time, but after doing it about 20 times to my Droid X and 2 or 3 times to my Droid I got some confidence.

Follow the instructions perfectly and if something weird happens, post up before proceeding. It's pretty straight forward, just be patient, start with a full battery, and don't unplug until you are 100% done.

yeoj1323

Reaction score
What I wold normaly do is sbf the device, that is easiest way to revert back to stock

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jns.das

Reaction score
Anyone have the links to SBF on this site? I used z4 root and clockworkmod and totally forgot how to do this. lmao.

jns.das

Reaction score
I "was" on a D2G. Musta had a day full of brain farts yesterday. I had been rooting my phone since OG Droid 1. So months ago I had used Z4 root and clockworkmod along with apps freezer. when verizon started pushing this latetest update (I think 4.5.608 or something) I figured wth I will give it a shot. So, I unforze everything and went into z4 root and un-rooted. Tried the update... After the 70minute download, upon restart the reboot recovery kept coming up and preventing the install. Install failed. So I went into clockworkmod and I think, or, I though I flashed the ESD20 or whatever the one that brings you back to stock... Another 70minutes later.... THis time upon boot up. I get the white motorola "M"...... until eternity... So I pull battery, power on with the "X" held, press the hard "search" button, and do a factory reset... NOPE. lol. So, lol, like a tool I went to verizon and blamed it on their update. After all they are getting enough of my money... They didn't have any d2g replacements in stock, so they gave me an 'emergency' OG Droid and I should be gettin a D2G in the mail tomorrow or next day. lolololol. Fact is I am elligible for an upgrate but I am trying to decide on Bionic vs. Razr. Honestly I will probably wait and see how much people hate not being able to pull a battery on the Razr. Seams like a good phone, but we shall see.