Need help with an apk file

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I had a great little alarm program I downloaded from the market. Lately it's been gone and I've gone though dozens since then. Lately I found the program here:

Edit external link

I've downloaded the apk file onto my computer, but how do I get it set up on my cell phone? Thanks for the assist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would use Google Drive, or Dropbox if you prefer. Or you can connect your phone to your computer via USB and transfer the APK and run it from your phone. Just make sure you have the check box from installing from "Unknown Sources" in Security.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, I'd love to help but the link to the APK on the site takes me to a dead page. Anyway, if the APK is on your PC, simply plug the phone into the USB port on the PC, and when the PC responds with the pop-up menu showing the choices of the SD Cards on the phone, choose one that says to view the files in the folder. If no pop-ups appear, you can browse to the removable drives listed on your Computer's menu (<Start><My Computer>), then choose the one of the removable drives on the list. Then open another explorer window on the PC and browse to where the APK is saved on the PC. Drag the APK from the PC to the phone, and you can place it into the main directory.

Once it's stored on the phone, you can open the "Files" app on the phone, and browse to the SD Card where the APK is stored, then click on the APK and it will install just like as if it was downloaded from the Play Store. Mind you, my instructions may be slightly sloppy but you should be able to follow along fine with a little intuitiveness. Good luck! :biggrin:

Edit: Looks like Sydman beat me to it. Good job, Sydman! :biggrin:

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I removed the link from post as we don't allow external site app links ..

Definitely download it and use drop box ..

N2 tap'd HD

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Great. Thanks for the help. Got it done. :)