Need help phone locks up

udlike2no2

Reaction score
When I boot my Droid 2 with the SD card it it locks up and i can not do anything. when i take the SD card it it boots up fine. My phone is not rooted its stock. There must be an app on the SD card that's locking it up and i think i know what one it is. How can i fix this without trashing my SD card and what i have saved on it?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mount it to your PC

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
U

udlike2no2

Reaction score
Than what copy all the stuff from my sd card and reformat it?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Get your phone running, put the sd card back in and hook up to the computer in "usb mode" find the offending app and delete it off the SD card. You should not have to reformat the SD card after that, just reboot phone with SD card in it and hopefully it will boot up. If it does and you still want that app, then reinstall it to internal memory this time.

*** After you put the SD card in the phone go to Settings > SD card & storage settings > and remount the sd card, unless it says Unmount SD card which would mean that the phone did it automatically when you put it back in.

And make sure the phone is off when you take the SD card out.

It would be easier and safer if you have one of those usb sticks that you can place the SD card in and then hook to ur computer via usb, it will be recognized as a new drive, make your changes, put the card back in phone and then turn it on to see if you found the culpret.